• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Chubb
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Chubb, glad to hear you are coming out to the game!

The easiest way would be for you to take a taxi from Mong Kok. The ground is officially called Tin Kwong Road Recreational Ground. You should be able to find it on Google maps and show it to the taxi driver and that usually gets the job done. I think the name in Chinese is 天光道遊樂場.

There are several buses that will drop you off near the ground as well, but if it's your first and only visit it might not be worth the effort figuring that out.

The game is free entry, so no ticket needed! You can bring your own food and drink with you too.
    Hi Chubb, are you serious with that question for Lou? Can't tell if you're taking the piss or not !
    Hey mate,

Was wondering if you could spare a few seconds to complete my survey. Would be much appreciated.

Monash University Survey | Qualtrics Survey Software
    Ah, good stuff - nice to get published nice and early, especially before the course! I'm heading down to Chch/Timaru/Oamaru/Dunedin/Wanaka to be best man at my mate's wedding next month - will be passing through Timaru on Friday the 12th around lunchtime, if you want to catch up for a quick coffee or lunch. No dramas either way.
    Landed in Timaru, I take it? How's it going? Course starts in a couple of weeks, I'm guessing?
    Haha, you could be the next "me". I worked at Whitcoulls during my nine months there...
    Hey Chubb,

Don't fret too much about the bi-cultural component. It's a VERY minor part, and basically they teach you all the words required for you to pass it. We actually had a guy from Canada in our year, and he had no real problems with it at all. Included in the bi-cultural sector is a trip to a marae (meeting house) - at least, it was when I was on the course...

Timaru's not a great place overall, but the reason it's good for the course is that the size of the place means the local paper is always willing to publish good stories from the students, thus making it easier to get your name in print (which is what potential employers like to see). If you do get in, and get a chance to choose, try and get the "ambulance" round - there's lots of good stories there.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…