• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
BoyBrumby
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• BTW by 'nah' I meant that Liam would sing it if it was oasis

I actually read an interview earlier today where Liam said he'd sang half the songs on Noel's album originally and said they sounded better with him singing them. Not shy of an opinion or two, the younger Gallagher.
    Yeah, it's had Wonderwall comparisons

I think most songs would be better with Liam singing tbh, most of the ones Noel writes I mean. The death of you and me was actually one that noel probably would have sang anyway in oasis but this one...nah

Nonetheless, early reviews suggest he's written a few tremendous tunes for this album. If one was cynical, which one is, one would suggest the lack of any b-sides for the last 5 oasis singles points to stockpiling. Fair enough though I suppose.
    Qualms about the vocal aside - have a listen to this, Noel's US single

[World Premiere] Noel Gallagher’s ‘High Flying Birds’ – Listen To A Brand New Exclusive Track ‘If I Had A Gun’
    No trouble at all - my disappearance was completely unplanned actually so I wasn't even able to let the other mods know I wasn't going to be around!
    My tips (Away from Tozzeh's prying eyes):
    St Kilda vs. Fremantle (Docklands)
    Carlton vs. Melbourne (MCG)
    Geelong vs. Gold Coast (Kardinia Park)
    Essendon vs. Sydney (Docklands)
    Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood (Football Park)
    Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide (The Gabba)
    Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne (York Park)
    West Coast vs. Richmond (Subiaco Oval)
    "(Bun & multis excluded, obvz) "

That did make me smile. Although I got 5 infraction points for levelling such an accusation slightly less subtly. :D
    ‪NEW OASIS DEMO - I Wanna Live A Dream (In My Record Machine)‬‏ - YouTube

The song I mentioned the other night
    Haha, I actually have no idea when it comes to AFL so more than happy with the silver. ;) Title should be edited now.
    Well, while I do like his voice, I do kinda agree with you. Have always resented people saying Noel is a better singer. While Liam's voice went to pot live on the last two oasis tours (has picked up again now, presumably due to lifestyle changes) his voice was always superior in the studio. Would have loved to hear him doing Don't Look Back in Anger or The Masterplan.

I do worry that I'm gonna start thinking 'wish Liam was singing this' when I'm playing it - there's a song on there, I wanna live in a record machine that I have a demo of - its a fantastic song (on youtube if you're bored) but apparently there is a version with Liam on vox out there that will probably come to light one day - might be best if I avoid it as it will tantalise me to think how the finished product could have sounded.

I love Setting Sun btw and on a similar note have you heard about the second album Noel's done, to be released next year?
    So Brumby, will you be purchasing Noel Gallagher's album come October?
    Bugger mate. I'd completely forgotten about that having been away on holiday. I always miss it when I read the AFL thread as it's in with everything else; and Benchy and Jono tend to post a lot of crap in there. I'll sort meself out though.
    Evening.
    I'm going to be returning to posting on CC fairly soon. As you know very well, the two of us got on perfectly well in the first 4 years we shared the forum, then for the most recent couple you decided I was the devil incarnate. Basically, I'm writing to you now to say I'd be willing (nay, keen) to wipe the slate clean and for the two of us - both, I'm sure you'd not deny, people who are widely recognised as bringing positive contributions aplenty to CW - to share cordial posting relationships again. Hope you can see that it's in the best interests of everyone to do so. If not, it's your choice. Ball's in your court.
    Brumby, are you thinking of doing a LMS for England-India? Was going to it myself but if you're planning to i'll leave it to the master.
    On your new sig, while I agree with the gist of Lee's opinion, I don't see how the temperature of the piss is relevant.
    Haha probably. The post that sticks in mind most was "it's almost worth taking Dicko off ignore to see his reaction to this" when Harmy was called up for the Oval 09
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…