• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

let’s remember some guys

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Jehan Mubarak you’d think falls squarely in this category, 13 tests and 40 ODIs spread over 13 (!) years, with 4 half centuries to show for it. The one abiding memory I have is him scoring 49 and supporting Chandimal when the latter scored that crazy 162 vs India in the second innings at Galle in 2015. Jehan was dropped for good one test later.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Think he has, but not a “guy” by the definition of this thread. Definitely belongs in the conversation of best glovemen in the 90s, though his batting was too unreliable for my liking.
tbf i would like to note and maybe i should've been more specific with the op

the purpose of Guy Remembering is largely to bandy about old names you may have forgotten but you'd have fun reminiscing about, and not to gatekeep based on a strict definition of who is and isn't a guy

Shady Slim

International Coach
Jehan Mubarak you’d think falls squarely in this category, 13 tests and 40 ODIs spread over 13 (!) years, with 4 half centuries to show for it. The one abiding memory I have is him scoring 49 and supporting Chandimal when the latter scored that crazy 162 vs India in the second innings at Galle in 2015. Jehan was dropped for good one test later.
in saying that, excellent call here and true true guys probably do run close to this sort of output

Moss

International Vice-Captain
tbf i would like to note and maybe i should've been more specific with the op

the purpose of Guy Remembering is largely to bandy about old names you may have forgotten but you'd have fun reminiscing about, and not to gatekeep based on a strict definition of who is and isn't a guy
Fair enough, no need for too many limiting factors, cheers

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Chandimal is probably one for the future in this thread. I barely remember him still playing unless his name is mentioned.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah he's played almost 300 internationals and has 17 tons, many of which were seriously gun Test innings.