• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which was a greater series victory - India in Australia in 2021 or Sri Lanka in South Africa in 2019?

Greater Series Victory

• India in Australia 2021

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • SL in SA 2019

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The BG was one of if not the greatest series of all time. Far greater spectacle and comeback narrative against a formidable side at home with the #1 bowler #1 batsman.

The SL series on paper was just as impressive an achievement, but the actual quality of cricket was lower imo.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The BG was one of if not the greatest series of all time. Far greater spectacle and comeback narrative against a formidable side at home with the #1 bowler #1 batsman.

The SL series on paper was just as impressive an achievement, but the actual quality of cricket was lower imo.
Plus 4 tests > 2

Xix2565

International Debutant
To answer the thread honestly, I'm biased towards India. So that's that, even if SL's achievement deserves more praise in history than it seems to get.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't forget SL inexplicably dropped both Mathews and Chandimal for that series. They pulled off their greatest ever series win despite all time bad selection howlers.

Sunil1z

International Regular
To answer the thread honestly, I'm biased towards India. So that's that, even if SL's achievement deserves more praise in history than it seems to get.
Prior to their respective series , SL maybe had 1 to 2% chance of winning whereas Ind had 30% chance of winning. This is why I consider SL achievement better.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Prior to their respective series , SL maybe had 1 to 2% chance of winning whereas Ind had 30% chance of winning. This is why I consider SL achievement better.
Bangladesh had ~0% chance of a 1-1 result. Two washouts were a much more likely way to get a drawn series there.