• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - France, Denmark, Tunisia, Australia

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Niall

International Coach
All Denmark have done for the last 20 minutes is try loopy early crosses to no one. Quite disappointing for a relatively heralded team.
It's between them and Uruguay when it comes to the biggest disappointments of the competition sadly.

Well done Australia though!

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
Denmark needs to be hammered in the media man , can't always be countries like England and Belgium getting flak when things go pear shaped ...

So many people had Denmark even topping this group ..They have flopped badly in this tournament . Congratulations to Australia btw !

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hard to believe this squad has delivered a knockout result and the most group points by Aus at the WC. Brilliant performance

Howe_zat

Audio File
Can you still be offside even if the other team gets possession before you do anything with it?

All these years I thought people were exaggerating when they said it's complicated, but here I am with no idea apperently

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can you still be offside even if the other team gets possession before you do anything with it?

All these years I thought people were exaggerating when they said it's complicated, but here I am with no idea apperently
Think the short answer is "yes".

Longer answer involves "phases". Let's say a player is in an offside position when the ball is played, the defending team initially win the ball, but are dispossessed by another attacker who wasn't offside.

If the second attacker then plays the first attacker in, even if the latter was now onside, if the ref decides the action is all part of the same phase then we're back to the original offside and a free kick to the defending team.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
As someone who has spent their entire life hoping for the Aussies to lose in every sport they contest :laughing: even I was hoping they'd hang on to qualify.

Yes they are a limited side but they work their backsides off and leave nothing out there.

Also they beat Tunisia and thoroughly deserve to qualify - well played the Aussies ?

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant

If you are in an offside position, you can't influence the state of play even if you haven't touched the ball in that transition.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Denmark needs to be hammered in the media man , can't always be countries like England and Belgium getting flak when things go pear shaped ...

So many people had Denmark even topping this group ..They have flopped badly in this tournament . Congratulations to Australia btw !
Who are these Scandophiles?