• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Iran, USA, Wales

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom Flint

International Regular
I remember reading the post a few weeks back where people were correcting the guy for calling Iranians Arabs and possibly another North African team in a different thread.
I'm currently watching a documentary on the Iraq Iran war where they are referring to iraq as an Arab state. Saddam himself calling Iraq an Arab nation. Not sure about Iran yet no footage of that so far.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I’m not too worried about tomorrow. But looking forward to the 2nd Round when we play Rice and Phillips in front of a back five.
In all fairness Phillips is quite dynamic as a presser. I am curious at what a Phillips Bellingham midfield would look like.

nick-o

State 12th Man
So this is nice and simple then; Wales win, Iran/US draw.

Piece of cake.

Sadly I won't be able to share all the joy on here real time because it's happening at like 4:00 in the ****ing morning; but you can all join me in celebrating tomorrow I'm sure.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
View attachment 33800

Feel like this sort of thing honestly holds Wales (and Scotland) back a bit.
Oh hell yeah.

Commitment is actually really important in football, probably the most important thing. But you really can't expect to beat teams with a commitment edge at the World Cup. Sometimes you can do it if it's a dead rubber for the other team, like Ireland vs. Italy at Euro 2016. But not in a game that's meaningful for both sides.

And a national view of the game that emphasises commitment is horrible for player development.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
According to Sky sources Foden and Rashford are set to start with Sterling, Saka and Mount likely to be left out. I spot a slight flaw in that plan. :santa:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England v Wales is poor. Wales are playing to keep it 0-0 as long as they can and nick it late and we don't look capable of creating anything.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
So is Foden supposed to be drifting to play a 10 role or is Kane supposedly dropping to do that? The midfield trio are not doing it.