• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Netherlands)

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No excuses for not giving them other bowling options though.
It's this more than anything. I'm a 'traditionalist', I'm not hb who seems to think that everyone needs to be able to bowl, but ideally you'd like to have a serious alternative option for at least a couple of overs.

They do have Iftikhar, but he's not a serious option with only 3 wickets in 37 matches (at 74 and about 5 balls per match). Even Stoinis is far better than that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Kohli saves Diwali. **** everyone who thougth he is not good enough to play T20s for us... Guy has actually had an excellent T20I record even in his lean period since 2020.

Ashwin with what we call "idea batting" in the Chennai street cricket circles.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
that's just four free runs to the batting team through absolutely no fault of the fielding side
Aside from the no-ball that preceded it.

I don't really have a dog in the fight, and it's not something I'd ever seen before, but if it discourages piss poor finger spinners from bowling waist high full bungers then so much the better.

It's not like they even have the excuse of attempting a wacky slower ball or owt. I find it incredible a professional cricketer sending the ball down about or below 60mph can miss their length by about a dozen feet.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aside from the no-ball that preceded it.

I don't really have a dog in the fight, and it's not something I'd ever seen before, but if it discourages piss poor finger spinners from bowling waist high full bungers then so much the better.

It's not like they even have the excuse of attempting a wacky slower ball or owt. I find it incredible a professional cricketer sending the ball down about or below 60mph can miss their length by about a dozen feet.
Seriously he’d have just been better off cross seaming it and giving it more air than Qantas at about 60kph. I’m talking the Indian guys in that bowl off back in the day level stuff

Burgey

Of course, the real winner here is Australia, the greatest country on earth, which can provide a neutral venue with so many happy and financially secure expats from both nations who can afford to pay the ridiculous ticket prices that you can get a 90k crowd without the home side playing. #spinittowinit

Burgey

On reflection, that was the most enjoyable and entertaining T20 I’ve ever watched. Just awesome. The fact it was a pool game played at a neutral venue but with such a massive crowd (not that you could here them thanks to the broadcaster using a Conmodore 64 sound card) made it all the more incredible.

_Ed_

On reflection, that was the most enjoyable and entertaining T20 I’ve ever watched. Just awesome. The fact it was a pool game played at a neutral venue but with such a massive crowd (not that you could here them thanks to the broadcaster using a Conmodore 64 sound card) made it all the more incredible.
Yeah for sure, and after some close games and a few upsets in the first round, the whole tournament has been fantastic so far. Hope it continues this way.

Burgey

Of course, it was also awesome because the spinners were basically reduced to spectators and the real bowlers held sway

Last edited:

Kirkut

International Regular
Kohli 82 will be remembered at par with Tendulkar 98 in 2003 WC. God level knock.
Tendulkar's 98 is still better IMO. Chasing down 250+ score in South Africa was not common
make Kohli captain again

what a knock

what an incredible choke by Nawaz in that final over. No ball, wides, bowling seam up for a few balls in between. All he had to do was bowl 6 straight balls. Hilarious.

Gotta love the byes off the free hit bowled as well. Learn the rules you're ****ing professionals.
Make him the captain again! Enough said!

I'm tired of the dull Dravid - Rohit combo. Bring back Shastri!!