• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Netherlands)

anil1405

International Captain
Very true.

On the bright side at least this Pak side tries to fight and doesn't just roll over and give away the match. They still give it away, but at least they make a fight of it.
Agreed. For as big a reputation that Javed had he choked badly in most WC games against India.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I thought the run out was OK.
Yeah, I don't see what the issue people are having is, unless they thought the ball wasn't hitting the stumps with enough force or something. It was about as close as you can get, but definitely out in my mind.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Asif Ali is dead weight. I feel bad for Nawaz more than anything and losing to chokes is crushing. Oh well, some of the lesser players stepped up, just need to cut a tumour loose.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That was a cracker. Well done Kohli, that 6 down the ground with 28 needed off 8 was unreal. Well done to the groundstaff, that was a brilliant wicket for a duel between 2 muscular bowling attacks.

As for the last over, Pakistan choked bad. Nawaz trying to bowl medium pace low full tosses was always a recipe for disaster. The fielder on the boundary also made a real hash of trying to keep the ball in play, positioned himself very poorly for it. But well done to Kohli and Ashwin for closing it out. Struggle to remember a better T20 game.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Asif Ali is dead weight.
How does a guy with his stats get persisted with, aside from politics? It's not a small sample size of failures to look at, it's six years' worth. Pakistan isn't replete with allrounders but there must be someone who can contribute as much with the bat and bowl.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Those definitely should be sent upstairs. If anything in that situation it has a bigger impact on the game than a wicket would.
Would’ve been hard for the third umpire to call. Was definitely above his waist, but he hit it so far in front of him that that’s decieving. I wonder if they could rig up the hawkeye hypothetical path to help out in situations like that.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Never worked out why left armers go around the wicket to RHBs if the ball isn’t moving. You just angle into the hitting arc

jeez that’s a poor over from your number one bowler
Helps with the off cutter but he didn't really bowl that one.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Would’ve been hard for the third umpire to call. Was definitely above his waste, but he hit it so far in front of him that that’s decieving. I wonder if they could rig up the hawkeye hypothetical path to help out in situations like that.
Reparations for Spider Cam Gate earlier in the night.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How does a guy with his stats get persisted with, aside from politics? It's not a small sample size of failures to look at, it's six years' worth. Pakistan isn't replete with allrounders but there must be someone who can contribute as much with the bat and bowl.
2 clutch performances last year and domestic performamces. There's just not many hitters around. It also seems they've set really low expectations for him i.e if he ****s off after hitting 2 sixes, it's like he's done his job. Which seldom happens anyway. Wasim Jr is better than him in every single way and I'd rather have Khushdil over him.