• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Unofficial* New Zealand Black Caps Thread

Flem274*

123/5
I support Tickner but I think his stock has fallen on the JamODI tour and we should have given the contract to the 24 year old fast bowler who has 46 @ 25 in FC and 34 @ 19 in T20.

Heh, just looked up Sears most recent FC game and he took a pair of tidy 2fers from 25 match overs (in an 8 bowler team where spinners got all the overs) and batted 48 balls for 1 run in an attempt to draw the game.

edit - interesting scorecard, santner not used on the frontline with the ball but very influential with the bat at #6 in a low scoring late season game. Walker and Sodhi appeared the preferred spinners.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I support Tickner but I think his stock has fallen on the JamODI tour and we should have given the contract to the 24 year old fast bowler who has 46 @ 25 in FC and 34 @ 19 in T20.

Heh, just looked up Sears most recent FC game and he took a pair of tidy 2fers from 25 match overs (in an 8 bowler team where spinners got all the overs) and batted 48 balls for 1 run in an attempt to draw the game.
Yeah this for me too.

I've got nothing against Tickner but if it's him vs Sears then Sears should obviously be getting the contract, particularly given his style of cricket is much rarer so he's more likely to get snapped up by B List leagues. Tickner's not going to be suddenly unavailable.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In what sense? Honest question, I don't know quite what is being referred to
Well not offering him a contract to begin with was obviously a little bit harsh, and he's had a few harsh droppings in his career.

I wouldn't have phrased it like Athlai did at all, but I think it's entirely reasonable that after he didn't think he was getting a contract this year he made other arrangements and shouldn't renege on them.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hes definitely a different kind of cat but FMD if NZC wasnt NZC he could be our biggest asset (behind maybe Kane/Taylor and the quicks). He's a step away from being a bonafide limited overs superstar, has multiple Test hundreds and is incredibly (new) media savvy.

Maybe it's the wrestling fandom in me but Neesham is the sort of guy that can sell T-Shirts. He's money. He's THE talent and NZC treat him like not being a yes-man drone is a bad thing. Mind boggling. Terrible mindset.

Flem274*

123/5
NZC treat him like not being a yes-man drone is a bad thing. Mind boggling. Terrible mindset.
have you met NZC?

To them it is. Like, urgh this is a step away from going Kippax, but NZ sports teams have a bit of a small town mindset to them.