• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2022

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ordinarily Maxwell at 7 and Green at 8 would seem like a weirdly selected side, but right now it makes me very nervous
Even Stoinis freaks me out more than he would for most other countries' supporters, purely because of that one time.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Should probably looking at bowling most of Henry’s overs up front now, while Australia are in recovery mode. prone to leaking runs on this pitch later in the game you feel. Also, just have to keep attacking- doesnt feel like enough runs on the board if the game goes deep.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Should probably looking at bowling most of Henry’s overs up front now, while Australia are in recovery mode. prone to leaking runs on this pitch later in the game you feel
We never worked this out in King Kyle's ODI career...and no closer with Henry.

Santner now seems like a real average idea

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very pleased for Henry to get that wicket. It's not his sort of pitch and an aggressive left-hander who is great at making angles like Warner does is his kryptonite. But he put the ball in decent places and got lucky.

Boult magnificent.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Should probably looking at bowling most of Henry’s overs up front now, while Australia are in recovery mode. prone to leaking runs on this pitch later in the game you feel. Also, just have to keep attacking- doesnt feel like enough runs on the board if the game goes deep.
Maybe we are learning.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
There's something in this deck, back pace in while there's still batting power in Maxwell + Green to come.

Makes me sad that franchises are going to get more of Trent while we get less over time....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly any of green at 4, McDermott or head would be better at this point. Same with stoinis.
Yeah I think each of Arun, Stoinis and Marnus shouldn’t be in the WC first XI. Shame for Finch, fella has been a great LO player for Aus for ages and a good skipper too, but this is obviously a decline now rather than a prolonged blip in form.

I think Stoinis is the same though he’s never been all that with the cue tbh. Marnus just not a good LO player imho.

Head into the top order, maybe even opening with Smith at three and probably MMarsh or Carey at four might be the way forward. WC is in India so Carey might be the one to bat four over Marsh. Neither are what I’d call worthy of a top order spot in any half decent Aus XI from the past, but Carey arguably plays spin better than Marsh

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
My boss is an Aussie, though he's a rugby fan while I'm a cricket fan and we both generally despair at the chances of our team vs the other in our preferred sport. This week both teams might have a change in fortunes??