• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

Dendarii

International Debutant
Clearly I'm out of step with the SA set up's thinking, but I'd have thought that Mulder becomes more valuable with two spinners in the side, as he can bat 7 to accommodate them both. I guess that'll be Jansen's role instead?
While I think Mulder should be there, he's yet to do much with the bat in tests and it seems as though the selectors have decided that he's not worth persisting with and would rather pick Jansen as an allrounder. He has shown some batting ability, but I'm not convinced that at this stage in his career he's anything more than a bowler who's handy with the bat.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
While I think Mulder should be there, he's yet to do much with the bat in tests and it seems as though the selectors have decided that he's not worth persisting with and would rather pick Jansen as an allrounder. He has shown some batting ability, but I'm not convinced that at this stage in his career he's anything more than a bowler who's handy with the bat.
Mulder has had 10 Tests, largely in single test opportunities and and 1 or 2 where he has been given 2 in a row. Never had an opportunity to settle, but he did clearly show his potential. And he also added quite a bit with the ball... he has actually been treated pretty badly. Comparatively Jansen has been treated far more gently. And this makes no sense, when we have a plethora of bowling options but hardly any quality batting allrounder options... selectors have a hard on for Jansen, as a left arm quick(ish) because they want variety for the attack...

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway mulder can be added to the test squad now? He's gone beast mode in english domestic since he got left out of the test squad, 3 hundreds and a ton of 50's in 10 or so games across list A and first class, and regularly taking wickets.

Bahseph

State Captain
I'm bummed Linde is no longer a thing tbh.
To be fair I think he is third in line if SA want another spinner. Harmer definitely leap frogged him. Suffers from being too similar to Keshav but I'd have him in the LO teams in a heartbeat. Under rated cricketer.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
At least there'll be no nonsensical England fourth-innings chase this time. That is, unless they make South Africa follow on and they go big...

Heboric

International Debutant
Not long until England begin their Test series win over South Africa
Normally I would just laugh at this kind of comment, but then I remember the 2019 Rugby World Cup final and this gem:

chris.hinton

International Captain
Why England will smash South Africa

1) South Africa have only 3 players who would be close to England's team
2) South Africa Struggled against England reserves
3) They have been obssesed with Bazball by pretending not to be worried about it but talking about it non-stop
4) Johnny Bairstow. South Africa's Bowlers will not have the tools to combat him
5) England will be confident & the body language from the England Boys is they know it will be an easy task

chris.hinton

International Captain
But having said that South Africa bowling first is a good sign for them. We will only win by 200 runs as opposed to chasing 340 in 65 overs