• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in West Indies and the USA - JUL 22 to AUG 7, 2022

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think he offers very little. Average pace, fairly up and down. Top quality bashers are going to line him up

Lol@ol' man Rohit. Captaincy scene's a total shambles
He reminds me very much of the mediocre flash in the pans that India used to produce as their standard pace bowler. Not really quick and with that 1 o'clock arm position the accuracy will never be there.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
He reminds me very much of the mediocre flash in the pans that India used to produce as their standard pace bowler. Not really quick and with that 1 o'clock arm position the accuracy will never be there.
They gave up on Umran rather too early. Yes he was raw but he would have learned & had the tools to do well. Picking Avesh for Zim tour over even Mohsin & Umran now looks like a terrible call.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
He is good in the middle order. We have several options for opening slots. They are hopefully just experimenting.
Dravid may be planning to have SKY as opener and Rahul at 4 in the world cup. SKY doesn't do defence. Rahul in end overs will be forced to hit out. This way we will have hitting options throughout 20 overs.

It is a decent idea to break the top 3 of Rahul-Rohit-Kohli with some SKY. Ideally we would open with Shaw with SKY at 3/4. But with Shaw not in, SKY is basically doing the Prithvi Shaw role for India right now.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Dravid may be planning to have SKY as opener and Rahul at 4 in the world cup. SKY doesn't do defence. Rahul in end overs will be forced to hit out. This way we will have hitting options throughout 20 overs.

It is a decent idea to break the top 3 of Rahul-Rohit-Kohli with some SKY. Ideally we would open with Shaw with SKY at 3/4. But with Shaw not in, SKY is basically doing the Prithvi Shaw role for India right now.
SKY opened for MI a few seasons back & I guess results were good. Pakistan has selected a pace heavy attack of Shaheen Rauf Naseem Dahani for Asia cup... All 140+ guys. Who knows SKY may be tried at opening in Asia cup as he does plays high pace extremely well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think anyone thinks SKY would be a colossally **** opener, it's just that aptitude for batting 4-5 is quite rare in T20Is so it seems silly waste him there when there are a lot of other players who'd do an equally or possibly better job opening.

I can see the logic in getting him to open in franchise cricket given he's so much better than the average batsman at that level so you want to maximise his opportunities, but that's not really true here.

I thought the handwringing over him opening that first time was a bit OTT as I assumed they were just trying to make sure he got a hit, but the extended experiment should probably start concerning people a bit because he definitely shouldn't be opening at full strength.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The teams are in Guyana today…sorting out the visa issues before jumping on the plane to Florida.

The flight from Geargetown, Guyana to Miami is approximately 4 and a half hours…

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Assuming they don't get these visas on short notice.. Remaining two fixtures could happen in Guyana? Personally feel Florida has a super boring pitch & a small sized ground.

SillyCowCorner1

Assuming they don't get these visas on short notice.. Remaining two fixtures could happen in Guyana? Personally feel Florida has a super boring pitch & a small sized ground.
Well yeah. They’re already in Guyana. Unless there are other planned activities at the Providence stadium…we can see international cricket return to the Old Bourda cricket ground.

on the subject of pitch, have you followed the West Indies v Bangladesh games played at the Providence stadium?

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Well yeah. They’re already in Guyana. Unless there are other planned activities at the Providence stadium…we can see international cricket return to the Old Bourda cricket ground.

on the subject of pitch, have you followed the West Indies v Bangladesh games played at the Providence stadium?
I have & yes those were dreadful... But last time India & WI clashed in Florida those pitches were sub 100 score level. I remember WI bundled out for 90 odd & India chased it with six wickets down.
Final T20 happened in Guyana on a reasonably good pitch.

SillyCowCorner1

I have & yes those were dreadful... But last time India & WI clashed in Florida those pitches were sub 100 score level. I remember WI bundled out for 90 odd & India chased it with six wickets down.
Final T20 happened in Guyana on a reasonably good pitch.
I think Lewis made a century over there; also Lokesh Rahul

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain

SillyCowCorner1

SillyCowCorner1

Best and worst figures ever for West Indies in the same series ??.

I really don't like where our white ball game is headed. It really feels like it's lacking direction. Every lineup has some headscratching selection.

Having said that I like India's bowling attacks, I think they're really skillful.
He’s experiencing the highs and lows of the format. If it was test cricket, he’d have a chance to come back strong with a blitzing spell in the last hour of the day’s play. Lol.

I honestly feel that this team lacks leadership and direction. There’s no strong leader. A team that is incoherent. No foot. No hand. No toe. No finger. No head.

We need Kraigg involved in this thing.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
He’s experiencing the highs and lows of the format. If it was test cricket, he’d have a chance to come back strong with a blitzing spell in the last hour of the day’s play. Lol.

I honestly feel that this team lacks leadership and direction. There’s no strong leader. A team that is incoherent. No foot. No hand. No toe. No finger. No head.

We need Kraigg involved in this thing.
Today's lineup genuinely has me considering doing something else with my time lol. We have better players than this. I honestly don't know what they're thinking.