• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

Victor Ian

International Coach
Bairstow is f'in amazing. He's going to take the no1 batting rank of Root. I love following purple patches.

Great game. How many more tests can I enjoy being on the England bandwagon before I have to bring out my voodoo dolls in time for the ashes?

ashley bach

International Captain
NEWSFLASH

In a shock announcement Brendon Mack has just resigned as English coach.
He has stated that his job is done here, goals all achieved.
He retires after his short dig as the most successful English coach of all time.
He is set to return to NZ next month and will talk with NZ cricket about becoming coach of NZ.

OK the above is all BS, but I wish it wasn't ffs.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder if this will open the door for Maxwell in the upcoming ashes. Fight #bazball with #intent

The headlines write themselves

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to the England team and all England fans here. @chris.hinton the bantz were fun but please dont overdo it and ruin the atmosphere now that you have won. :)

The Indian players came in undercooked and with literally no multiday format practice and it showed. They were very obviously worse than they were in the first innings with both bat and ball. But that is what the BCCI deserves for not moving the IPL back a couple of weeks and allowing this series to finish off last year. I know we were ordinary with both bat and ball across 3 overseas tests now in the 3rd and 4th innings and its scary that is how Dravid's coaching era has begun. People forget how bad a captain he was for RCB and even RR and how so many of his ideas were so out of the blue sometimes. Hopefully he can figure out the best way to get this side to regroup again.

England, and especially Bairstow, played such a high quality game though. Its stupid to call it as a game India lost when I feel even now it is very much a game, England and especially Bairstow won. Stokes' bowling and captaincy have been good and Root has continued to be Root but really, this win is all down to Bairstow. No Bazball or Rootometer or Stokespeare is gonna change that. Glad to see him do so well as he is obviously very passionate about playing for England especially in this format.

I said it after the last NZ test that us Indian fans will join in the doom and gloom with NZ and we will. :) The fact that we have drawn the series and retained the trophy is a nice thing to hold onto though. Virat has to find some form in the LO legs soon. Our next tests are apparently in November against Bangladesh and then the big BG series. Hopefully we find some answers before that wtih respect to Siraj, Shardul, Gill, Virat, Vihari and Shreyas.
I really shouldn't nit-pick such a gracious post, but the bad news is England have retained the Pataudi Trophy as it's only decided by tests in England.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bit of piss in the end wasn't it?
I stuck to my routine from the first NZ test of not following it at all and checking in at 12.30pm to see how things had panned out. Winning by seven wickets was not something I would have predicted, but perhaps I should have done. Most of the really big chases in test match history have involved ridiculously small numbers of wickets lost, so maybe that's just how these things work. I think it's pretty obvious that England are in uncharted territory at the moment, and it's hard to think of anything original to say. Watching post-captaincy Root is just a massive treat for all sorts of reasons. And watching our newcomer at number 5 (is he in any way related to the guy of the same name who was in and out of the side for 10 years?) is just ridiculous. In some ways this was my favourite of his last five innings insofar as he actually had a look at it before taking the bowling apart. But they are both extraordinary.