• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Bairstow and Stokes can take the game away from us fairly quickly if they get going so a lead is by no means guaranteed…
Mate, you're over 300 ahead with only Billings and the bowlers to come after these two.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Quite so. You sort of beat me to it, although I wasn't about to profess undying love for the great man. Further evidence, if any was needed, of how underrated he is. The other point of interest for me, following discussions in the Roberts/Walsh thread, is how close those two and Hall are.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
194 runs @ 49 with 3 out of 5 important contributions.

Funny what people remember and/or class as success.
Higher than what I expected actually, which supports your point. Perhaps there's a feeling that he gave it away too often when reasonably well set, but 49's not to be sniffed at.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was there at the end for the epic second Test win, had a key partnership with Root for the chase in the first.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t think I’ve seen more leading edges in a test match than I’ve seen in this innings

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Idk why people are criticising bazball in this test. It worked great for India.

England were batting normally and were ****. They’re taking risks now and it seems to be paying off.
Yes I still believe, too mmany defensive shots have clearly been at fault here, BANZAIII!!!!

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stokes needs to calm down. His shots look erratic and have hardly any control. Looks like throwing it away all the time. Just push singles and let Bairstow do his stuff.

Now treble it Jonny