• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I saw one of the players who were part of the GT team on the balcony...I can't remember his name...Sai Sudharsan or Sai Kishore...

It's good that he's with the squad.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
That one will hurt. Thakur staying in meant the difference between 400 and whatever we now end up with. Which won't be much more than whatever we have atm.

cnerd123

likes this
338/7 is a good result at the end of Day 1. The pretenders in our top order took the shine off for the real batting in Pant and Jaddu. Shami did well to negotiate that phase of play at the end, let's hope we get 350-375 and that Jaddu can ton up.

This might still be an underpar score. Seems like a perfectly fine deck to bat on once the ball loses it's shine

loterry1994

International Debutant
338/7 is a good result at the end of Day 1. The pretenders in our top order took the shine off for the real batting in Pant and Jaddu. Shami did well to negotiate that phase of play at the end, let's hope we get 350-375 and that Jaddu can ton up.

This might still be an underpar score. Seems like a perfectly fine deck to bat on once the ball loses it's shine
350-375 I think would definitely be enough. I rate these Indian bowlers better than the New Zealand bowlers in these conditions. They’ve got much more pace than them.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
India will take 375 with both hands.. I think Indian pacers have lot more pace than Kiwis & are harder to line up. Jadeja against right hand heavy middle order will be tough to get away as well.
Danger man is Root for India.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Funny how when Pant looked ugly top scoring in India's second innings in the WTC, people had takes like he should not play test cricket, he's a fluke, can't bat in English conditions etc. This was months after him playing 2 4th innings classics to lead India to a historic comeback series win in Australia.

He has more truly special knocks in his first 30 tests than anyone I've ever seen and is going down in history. :wub:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If India can kick on tomorrow it’ll certainly put them in command. If we get three wickets cheaply then with the form Root is in and our newfound ability to chase, I’d be reasonably happy.

All seem like new ball wickets this summer thus far.

Shri

Mr. Glass
we need tactical changes in our second innings to win this

all useless bats up top as new ball sacrifices and the ones who can score at decent speed after for the softer ball

vihari
pujara
kohli
gill
pant
shreyas
jaddu

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Funny how when Pant looked ugly top scoring in India's second innings in the WTC, people had takes like he should not play test cricket, he's a fluke, can't bat in English conditions etc. This was months after him playing 2 4th innings classics to lead India to a historic comeback series win in Australia.

He has more truly special knocks in his first 30 tests than anyone I've ever seen and is going down in history. :wub:
To be fair, that was a horrific innings in the WTC final. Good luck to him here, must've been a hell of a knock...but the criticism after the final was largely deserved