• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby league draft! Second edition

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So, hoping for at least 6 participants.

I was gonna limit it to the last 10 years, but I've decided I'll open this sucker right up time period wise and allow anyone who played a game of top flight Australian rugby league (so nswrl, ARL, super league and NRL) from the last 40 years. So 1983 on. So Burgey, this means you can have Sterling or Kenny.

The keyword there is "or" not "and"! Because to add the difficulty element to this draft, I'm applying a rule where all 17 players drafted must be from 17 different clubs. So we'll have to be picking from some defunct clubs. Luckily the Bears and Balmain can provide plenty of solid talent.

The club that a player played their most games for will count as their eligible club, with a tie between 2 clubs resulting in either being eligible.

Lessgo!

Last edited:

mr_mister

Round 1:

Morgieb
Flem274*
Kraken
mr_mister
Shady Slim
social
Burgey

Round 2:

Burgey
social
Shady Slim
mr_mister
Kraken
Flem274*
morgieb

8 hours per pick, but for the first round itl be 12. So with the 17 players from 17 clubs, it's just Australian ones that count, though we will include English records (for what they're worth) when assessing a player for the voting. So Pat Richards played 244 games for Wigan and won their man of steel award multiple times I think, but for this draft he's a west tiger - though we don't have to pretend his English feats don't exist

This also means Hanley and stuff have a bit more merit with selection

And st George and st George Illawarra count as 2 different clubs. As do the west tigers and Balmain etc

Shady Slim

International Coach
so there's no ticky-tacky whinging about the rules midway through, what is the go with guys who've played for two clubs?

ie can you take sbw as a bulldog, or as a rooster, or can you only pick him as a bulldog, because that's where he played before he became an immoral loser?

mr_mister

so there's no ticky-tacky whinging about the rules midway through, what is the go with guys who've played for two clubs?

ie can you take sbw as a bulldog, or as a rooster, or can you only pick him as a bulldog, because that's where he played before he became an immoral loser?
It's which club they played the most first grade games for. In the event of a tie, you have the choice