• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Rohit still not out yet.. Hopefully he recovers. I don't see the point of playing Pujara as he failed again thrice in the Warm up.

Rohit/Mayank
Gill
KS Bharat (quite impressed with his batting)
Kohli
Pant
Iyer (intent)
Jadeja
Shardul
Shami
Bumrah
Umesh/Siraj

Niall

International Coach
I think Pujara had a good county season, but tbf runs in county cricket don't mean as much as they did a few years ago sadly.

Iyer is an odd one, I think he won't do well, but he has had a fine start to his test career so he probably deserves a chance in much trickier conditions , maybe he will prove us all wrong . :happy:

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I think Pujara had a good county season, but tbf runs in county cricket don't mean as much as they did a few years ago sadly.

Iyer is an odd one, I think he won't do well, but he has had a fine start to his test career so he probably deserves a chance in much trickier conditions , maybe he will prove us all wrong . :happy:
Iyer probably should bat positively as his defensive game against pace is dodgy but he has been impressive in his short Test career at home so far. Batting down the order might be the best way to use him. Indian batting does well when they are on the attack as our batters don't really survive long in such conditions

Groundking

International Debutant
No more Crawley please for the love of god.

When is Jimmy back? Need him to own Kohli again to cement Root as the 2nd best of the fab 4.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a good surprise test and LO series to have this year. I'd forgotten about the fifth test from last year. Longest test series in history then.

Would think the Indian attack will provide a good test for Bairstow's new-found form.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Jimmy is indeed biggest threat for Indians. I feel Potts is a bit hit the deck kind which should ideally won't trouble Indian bats but you never know.
Broad doesn't has any leftie to feed on in Indian top order.
India would be over the moon if Jimmy isn't fit to play.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If England prepare a flat pitch, it can help the Indians since India is already leading 2-1 this series. If the pitch aids bowlers, I doubt YJB and others will hit through the lengths like they did this series.

This single test is going to be interesting considering this.

chris.hinton

International Captain
India will crumble as soon as England push the tempo. England to win the test with a good deal of ease. Bairstow will knock Bumrah all over the place

srbhkshk

International Captain
With all due respect to Ireland, Bhuvi and Harshal getting hammered here are dire signs for T20 WC.