• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of Sri Lanka 2022

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't actually and he is not even half of the bowler Hazlewood is but the conditions are such that it makes him more effective than Hazlewood. So he should play
Moeen Ali and Leach have been legit match winners in SL. It's also one of the few places away where Yasir Shah has done well. Seamers doing well in Sri Lanka isn't unheard of as SL has the most random variation in conditions. I don't recall a seamer dominating like Southee and Starc over a series since those 2 guys did it but Dom Bess averages 21 there with 6 WPM.

trundler

SoK >> Holland > Agar based on what I've seen.

On some of the recent SL pitches you're better off playing Green and Cummins as your sole pacers and loading up on nothing spinners tbh. Unless it's a dry road and you might get reverse going.

Himannv

International Coach
In the beginning there was nothing. Then SOK bowled nothing and, out of tremendous fear, it became something.

TheJediBrah

SoK >> Holland > Agar based on what I've seen.

On some of the recent SL pitches you're better off playing Green and Cummins as your sole pacers and loading up on nothing spinners tbh. Unless it's a dry road and you might get reverse going.
This is all true. But if Starc is fit there's no way he doesn't play in these conditions.

trundler

This is all true. But if Starc is fit there's no way he doesn't play in these conditions.
Stokes was basically as good as Rabada in SL. But even Anderson got some reverse going last time so Starc has to play just based on that.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Holland isn't the answer imo

Yeah he was poor in SL last time, can cut him a little bit of slack there as he was rushed over at short notice when SOK broke down. Far less forgivable however is how badly he went on that UAE tour, had good preperation, took wickets in the (proper) warm up game, yet come the tests he seemed to completely wilt, so much so that Marnus was outbowling him easily.

Fine servant of the domestic game, but I reckon we've seen enough to move on for good in terms of international cricket

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Think Sangha could have been given a look in the test squad. Outbowled holland in the second A-game and bowled 2 match turning spells for aus-A in the 4 day matches.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Going by all records, it looks like it is going to be a spin-a-thon in the test starting today. Lyon has stated that it is going to spin from the first session.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Really not looking forward to how our middle order handle's this series tbh. Smith reportedly hasn't been able to access the nets much with his elbow, head couldn't play pakistan's 40 year old spinner's on road's, green is an utter novice and his natural game doesn't particularly suited to these 250-300 max spin on day 1 pitches when he's batting 6, and Carey's idea of playing spin is to draw either sweep or reverse sweep from a hat and play the shot. Sri-lanka's spinner's are alot younger than the perera-herath combo that analed us in 2016, but our middle order and entire batting lineup vs spin doesn't look particularly solid.

Wish green or marnus had played some A-cricket in these conditions. It's ****ed that they've both been mainstay's of the test setup for 2-3 years and had no A-level cricket in the subcontinent when management knew we had 3 series in the subcontinent in short succession coming up.

Burgey

I think Carey will go ok actually. He's certainly an upgrade with the bat on his predecessor, and his method gives him a shot at making some runs at least. The rest are a bit of a lottery though. It's going to be a good test for them. If they jag a win or even a drawn series here they'll be in the process of putting together a decent body of work away from home on the back of the Pakistan win, which will make a nice change from the past decade or so.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Carey will go ok actually. He's certainly an upgrade with the bat on his predecessor, and his method gives him a shot at making some runs at least. The rest are a bit of a lottery though. It's going to be a good test for them. If they jag a win or even a drawn series here they'll be in the process of putting together a decent body of work away from home on the back of the Pakistan win, which will make a nice change from the past decade or so.
If we draw this series it'll be 3 away series in a row where we've retained the trophy/won outright. In that same time we've lost to india at home, twice. Real change of pace from the lehmann era where we only lost at home to SA but where dog**** away.