• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
That's absolutely shocking. Lack of professionalism, basic communication, basic courtesy, and HR skills from NZC. This would be poor if these players had been performing badly in a team doing well, but they had been among the better players in an underperforming team.

Himannv

International Coach
Wow. When Bates and Devine retire (which can't be far away) we are going to be minnows.
We'll have Amelia Kerr and...?
I don't think it's that bad. Devine is still 32 so I think she might play for a few more years yet. Mackay is only 31 as well. Additionally they have other useful players like Down, Rowe, and J. Kerr. I guess they need a few others like Green and Halliday to come good and a few youngsters to come through and they'll be mostly fine.

Amelia Kerr is an excellent player I reckon and with a bit more control in her bowling or perhaps a better mindset, she'll be great for NZW. They need to treat their players properly though, not like what happened above.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes, I would've thought so. Neesham, Satterthwaite, Tahuhu, Mackay....if you're an overseas reader, there is a certain political connotation, a certain throughline in these names they're getting rid of, one can't help but see it.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
One problem is this messy and low-empathy Margaret Thatcher treatment of Ross Taylor and 'the wets' of New Zealand cricket actually brought very good returns for the same CEO (David White) in 2012.

ataraxia

International Coach
Yes, I would've thought so. Neesham, Satterthwaite, Tahuhu, Mackay....if you're an overseas reader, there is a certain political connotation, a certain throughline in these names they're getting rid of, one can't help but see it.
maybe it's a sign that after being exposed to the South African work ethic NZC are rejecting left-wing homeliness and embracing old-fashioned Christian values?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
maybe it's a sign that after being exposed to the South African work ethic NZC are rejecting left-wing homeliness and embracing old-fashioned Christian values?
Except some of the players that have been alluded to fitting in this narrative in the past are good old-fashioned Christians themselves.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah the Thatcher-influenced boomers like David White are really pure CNN and CNBC types. My wife and her friends sometimes have to hold their nose and head to Alex Jones' Infowars to get some sympathy for the health and prosperity of white South Africans.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Can you elaborate on this, mate?

Flem274*

123/5
I don't think MacKay cemented her spot at all but she did stand up towards the end of the world cup and she's absolutely right on Sattherwaite's treatment.

edit - I've just read she's a librarian, which immediately makes her the coolest White Fern.

Last edited: