• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Calvin ****ing Bassey.

Delighted for the players, my gut feel early in the week was that we'd either win both finals or lose both, so to physically and mentally recover from Wednesday was incredibly impressive.

2nd successive Scottish Cup tie where we've gone to extra time after having extra time 3 days earlier in Europe, and both times we were by far the strongest side in extra time, whoever is in charge of fitness and conditioning at Ibrox has earned their money this year.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done Lyon, hopefully Ada can continue her fitness, she's clearly the best player in the World, and glad she's back playing for Norway.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought I wanted Mbappe to go to Madrid rather than stay at PSG but I was wrong, the Spanish reaction is phenomenal.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Lots of talk on Football Focus about this being the first premiership season in ages when the winners, 4th place for the Champions League and the final relegation spot are all undecided going into the last round of matches. Trueish, but the combined probability of City failing to beat Villa, Spurs losing to Norwich and Leeds not losing to Brentford must be about 10%. And maybe not even that high.

anil1405

International Captain
Lots of talk on Football Focus about this being the first premiership season in ages when the winners, 4th place for the Champions League and the final relegation spot are all undecided going into the last round of matches. Trueish, but the combined probability of City failing to beat Villa, Spurs losing to Norwich and Leeds not losing to Brentford must be about 10%. And maybe not even that high.
This.

Even media harping about Liverpool's quadruple chances have been exaggerating over the last month or so. It isn't even in Liverpool's hands.

Media is obsessed with its TRP.

Uppercut

Relegation is very much alive, Leeds drawing and Burnley losing would be a pretty normal set of results.

The others aren’t likely to be close, but who knows. City aren’t anything special going forward any more. When they fell behind in 2018 it didn’t feel like it mattered because they always had 4 or 5 goals in them. If they fall behind today I’ll be worried.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Relegation is very much alive, Leeds drawing and Burnley losing would be a pretty normal set of results.
For some reason I'd got it into my head that Burnley are a point ahead of Leeds. So yes, that changes the odds, although I still fancy Brentford to put at least 3 past Leeds.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I can see drama at Brentford. If Leeds look like being relegated their fans will probably rip up a few seats, and maybe a goalpost.
It ain't 1976 you know! Is it?
For some reason I'd got it into my head that Burnley are a point ahead of Leeds. So yes, that changes the odds, although I still fancy Brentford to put at least 3 past Leeds.
Tipping Leeds to sneak home 1-0 or 2-1 thanks to 95th minute heroics by one Joe Gelhardt

Uppercut

The others aren’t likely to be close, but who knows. City aren’t anything special going forward any more. When they fell behind in 2018 it didn’t feel like it mattered because they always had 4 or 5 goals in them. If they fall behind today I’ll be worried.
Can confirm that I’m worried.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Everton are absolutely crap. Big trouble for them again next year if they don't make fairly major changes one suspects.