• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time world test XI selection

subshakerz

International Coach
No.5 seems a battle between Chappell and Pollock. Chappell had a full career which gives him an obvious advantage. Think Pollock should have gone ahead of Sanga though.

subshakerz

International Coach
While I'm not ready yet to pick him in the next XI, I have to say that such is the absolutely relentless excellence of Pat Cummins that I am starting to think about when I'd be prepared to throw him a vote in this exercise. And I don't reckon it's that far away.
Nah he still has a lot to prove.

Nikhil99.99

U19 Cricketer
While I'm not ready yet to pick him in the next XI, I have to say that such is the absolutely relentless excellence of Pat Cummins that I am starting to think about when I'd be prepared to throw him a vote in this exercise. And I don't reckon it's that far away.
He isn’t far to be in the 4th xi.Would be interesting to see how he goes in India.Last time he came here,he didn’t do that bad like rabada.It was the series when he was back to the test side IIRC and was ok.If he can put up a good performance in india ,he will be there in my 4th xi at this stage for sure.The way he is going he might be infront of steyn at the end of his career tbh.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Chappell and Pollock tied so I'll break it with Chappell

Akram thru (through) easily

Third XI

Geoffrey Boycott
Bob Simpson
George Headley
Kumar Sangakkara
Greg Chappell
-