• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All time world test XI selection

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I’ve always considered OReilly better. Get the impression Grimmett was naggingly accurate and miserly, while OReilly was more of an attacking weapon while also maintaining good economy

ataraxia

International Coach
Sanga
Grimmett (O'Reilly isn't a spinner :ph34r:)

q: is Aubrey Faulkner eligible to be picked (because of that one test in 1924 or whenever)?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Both pretty good keepers too, unlike Andy Flower

edit: and would like to add my appreciation for no one picking Flower to play as keeper. That would be a horrible selection
Andy Flower being a terrible keeper is an opinion that has taken root in CW for some reason. In my years of watching him, I haven`t found him to be a bad keeper. There are neither articles nor videos or any interviews by former players saying that his keeping was bad.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If anything CW overrates his keeping
I don`t think so. May be his batting but not his keeping. From what I have read so far here, everyone only bashes his keeping unlike outside circles where everyone considers him when it comes to top keeper-batsmen.

And what I said above will become very clear in this voting thread when his name crops up.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His keeping is not fondly remembered on the Zimbabwe Cricket Forum.
Does not surprise me. Keeping is one of those things when you're doing an ordinary job you tend to get backlash very quickly from fans. I recall them being desperate for a proper keeper that Taibu was rushed in basically as a child (though tbf he still looks like a child)
@TheJediBrah Haha not sure why you laughed, I was serious.
fixed

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Andy Flower being a terrible keeper is an opinion that has taken root in CW for some reason. In my years of watching him, I haven`t found him to be a bad keeper. There are neither articles nor videos or any interviews by former players saying that his keeping was bad.
Its been a crappy take forever and its peddled by the usual suspects coz "muh Gilchrist". Funnily enough its couple of posters who have literally never seen him keep too.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its been a crappy take forever and its peddled by the usual suspects coz "muh Gilchrist". Funnily enough its couple of posters who have literally never seen him keep too.
You know that thing you do where you perpetuate an ignorant opinion just for the sake of being disagreeable and emphatically and rudely insist that everyone who doesn't share said ignorant opinion either "hasn't watched cricket" or "is biased"? Can you just not for a while?