• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think Auba has fallen off the cliff though . No wonder the links with Vlahovic and Isak.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Football is wonderful. 4 points in 2 games against 2 of the bigger sides in the division with 3 left backs and 4 strikers starting both matches. Only had one centre half and one central midfielder starting today and won. Bloody ridiculous.

Uppercut

I might be turning into an old man, but I don't understand how De Gea isn't getting absolutely rinsed for sitting on his arse and letting a goal in because someone stood on his foot. Might be the softest thing I've ever seen on a sporting field.

duffer

I mean, that was pretty funny but I'm really worried by how pish Auba is now. We basically have no strikers at the moment and won't get top 4 like this.

Uppercut

I mean, that was pretty funny but I'm really worried by how pish Auba is now. We basically have no strikers at the moment and won't get top 4 like this.
Weirdly the underlying numbers suggest that Auba will come good but Arsenal will drop down the table.

Uppercut

We struggle to create open play chances so I can see Auba not scoring and us dropping down the table too
His movement to get the big late chance last night was unreal. Suggests to me that he still has goals in him if he plays.

Do you think he should be a starter? ESR/Odegaard/Saka behind Lacazette seems more balanced to me, but I haven't seen enough to have a strong opinion. OTOH Odegaard doesn't seem to be producing a huge amount for a 10.

duffer

We have nobody else to start atm. Laca is crap these days too. We're basically a functional team who rely on Ernie or Saka to produce something.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I can’t believe there were takes slamming arsenal for it
I don't agree with stopping or putting the ball out for an injured player anyway. If it's serious enough (think Harvey Elliott's injury against Leeds) then the game gets stopped anyway, and the players will react appropriately if someone is genuinely injured. (Luis Suarez immediately signalling to the ref when Koscielny's achilles went bang in a Europa semi final springs to mind.)

Most of the 'injuries' players go down with are shameless attempts to timewaste or disrupt the flow of the game.

Last edited:

grecian

I don't agree with stopping or putting the ball out for an injured player anyway. If it's serious enough (think Harvey Elliott's injury against Leeds) then the game gets stopped anyway, and the players will react appropriately if someone is genuinely injured.

Most of the 'injuries' players go down with are shameless attempts to timewaste or disrupt the flow of the game.
I don't really want to give that incident any more time really, utterly perplexing the way the comms talked abou. It was a goal. If he'd been fouled it wasn't, but it was his own player, everything else is noise, just bizarre.

grecian

Oh well, I suppose we were lucky to get this far, but apparently the lino flagged for offside, but after a long discussion the ref allowed the goal to stand, probably a winner too, ho-hum.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Very nearly got mugged by Brentford tonight. Very nearly...

Now to export some atmosphere to Stamford Bridge and the Etihad

flibbertyjibber

RIP Marvin Morgan. Only 38. Thanks for the memories in Blue and Amber.

We get Liverpool away again. Boring, another beating off kids.

BigDougy

Cricket Spectator
Newcastle have got Cambridge at home in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. A good draw for us. Hopefully, for once, we have management in place that will put a bit of effort into the cup games. I know some people will think, just play the benchers and concentrate on avoiding relegation. However the buzz from the fans could really energise the team through a good cup run, and bring the noise and the feel good factor back.