• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test at Brisbane, 8th-12th of December 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Inglis is what i refer to as a "clean keeper" and would do a decent job. Having said that Carey, if he had to could open with Warner, has skippered his country in Pyjama cricket and is capable of big scores so he has already proven himself. As a pure stumper I think Inglis is way in front ,is a lot tidier and has greater anticipation than Carey. He is "in waiting " and his time will come
Cheers for this. Yeah we are fortunate with keepers atm.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Someone mentioned something about the pecking order earlier and it is interesting.

Gilly had to wait til Healy is done, Haddin had to wait til Gilly was done, Paine finally got his chance at 33 or whatever after a lot of hype as a youngster

Carey is already 30, hel have the token 6-7 year career and then I guess after years of waiting Inglis will finally get his chance

Must be a little depressing to be a young shield wicket keeper, you know no matter what you do you won't be getting a Cameron Green style test debut at a young age on potential and stuff

It's really hard to justify dropping a keeper unless they're dropping sitters all the time or averaging 20

Once you get in the team you just have to not be completely terrible to keep your spot

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just down at the England warm up match. Mark Wood is pretty sharp. The bloke who got an MBE for scoring 7 at The Oval is here, as is England's best ever number 8 batsman, Ashley Giles.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Someone mentioned something about the pecking order earlier and it is interesting.

Gilly had to wait til Healy is done, Haddin had to wait til Gilly was done, Paine finally got his chance at 33 or whatever after a lot of hype as a youngster

Carey is already 30, hel have the token 6-7 year career and then I guess after years of waiting Inglis will finally get his chance

Must be a little depressing to be a young shield wicket keeper, you know no matter what you do you won't be getting a Cameron Green style test debut at a young age on potential and stuff

It's really hard to justify dropping a keeper unless they're dropping sitters all the time or averaging 20

Once you get in the team you just have to not be completely terrible to keep your spot
Largely agree with the rest of the post, but not selecting players for Test cricket based on "potential" is unequivocally a good thing

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
English press seemed to think Bairstow was going to get the last batting spot ahead of Pope which seems kind of ****. Bairstow out twice today cheaply so hopefully that might have changed minds.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, given we knew Harris was going to play, the only real contentious spot was going to be Head v Khawaja. Reckon Starc was always going to play, but if he stinks it up in Brisbane I'd expect JRich in for the second.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, given we knew Harris was going to play, the only real contentious spot was going to be Head v Khawaja. Reckon Starc was always going to play, but if he stinks it up in Brisbane I'd expect JRich in for the second.
The starc/jhye thing is weird to me, starc is great in pink all and we know what happens if starc plays too many tests in a row, keeping him fresh for the 2nd test where he's the best in the world.

Also, can somoene please tell me what Neanderthal at CA decided that 5/6 of head then green instead of vice versa was the better call? Greens a young 22 yo bat who was up there for most balls faced per innings in his debut series and half of whoms dismissals came from slogging because he was chasing quick runs or batting with the tail. Head on the other hand is notorious for fishing outside off-stump and strikes at 60 in FC. It's not even a hard call to make either, put green at 5 and let him bat time, put head at 6 and let him be aggressive.

Aside from that, we have a keeper who's never played a test before at 7, is a 6/7 with 4 test between then really that wise? Carey is horrible at batting with the tail and green doesn't like to rotate strike before he's set, seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Put head between them so there's actually some experience amongst the lower order FFS.