• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Increasing number of tests draft

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wait Waugh was picked too? Damnit I searched for his name far and wide.

Cook in that case

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alistair Cook
Jack Hobbs
Vijay Merchant
Dudley Nourse
Mohammad Yousuf
Stanley Jackson
Imran Khan*
Kapil Dev
Rashid Latif+
George Lohmann
Hugh Tayfield

ataraxia

International Coach
think it's me - wait **** there's only crap left - oh whew i get the last bat - wait **** it's Alec Stewart - oh whew i get to pretend that he would've averaged 50 without the gloves :ph34r:

ataraxia

International Coach
1) WM Woodfull /
2) AJ Stewart /
3) FMM Worrell* / o
4) RG Pollock /
5) AL Hassett /
6) TL Goddard o /
7) HB Cameron + /
8) RR Lindwall o /
9) Waqar Younis o
10) BS Bedi o
11) CA Walsh o

Strong pace bowling but batting likely too weak.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Matthew Hayden
Eddie Barlow
Brian Lara
Greg Chappell
Virat Kohli
Mahela Jayawardene
Jeff Dujon
Malcolm Marshall
Hedley Verity
Frank Tyson
Neil Adcock

I like this one.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
think it's me - wait **** there's only crap left - oh whew i get the last bat - wait **** it's Alec Stewart - oh whew i get to pretend that he would've averaged 50 without the gloves :ph34r:

Haha yeah got pretty sketchy at the end there, thought I might wind up with Boucher and Dujon or something.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
W. G. Grace (5)
Glenn Turner
Rahul Dravid
Javed Miandad
Charlie Macartney (6)
Clive Lloyd (*)
MS Dhoni (+)
Wilfred Rhodes (4)
Richard Hadlee (1)
Neil Wagner (3)
Alec Bedser (2)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Was planning on letting Sanga keep potentially, but Boucher will balance my side nicely.

Bob Simpson /o *
Chris Gayle /
Kumar Sangakkara /
Everton Weekes /
Duleepsinghi /
Jack Gregory /o
Mark Boucher / +
CTB Turner o
Ryan Harris o
Arthur Mailey o
Curtly Ambrose o

Not a bad side.

Strong pace battery with four quicks: Ambrose, Harris, Gregory and Turner able to rotate thru and keep fresh. Turner the early era x-factor, the greatest of the early era bowlers imo. Mailey is a known wicket-taker who took close to 5 wickets a test (as did Turner). Ambrose is Ambrose. Peak Harris was as good as anyone and Gregory will add the fright factor with Ambrose.

Interesting contrasting openers in Simpson and Gayle, left/right combo with different styles.

Sound middle order all with very high averages for their eras. Plenty of bang and clatter in the lower batting order from Gregory and Boucher, and CTB to a lesser extent.

Outstanding slip fielding from Simpson, Gregory and Gayle.

Simpson can also provide a good second spin option should he be required.

kingkallis

International Coach
Stuart Broad

CricZo XI

Sunil Gavaskar /
Geoffrey Boycott /
Stan McCabe / o
Denis Compton /
VVS Laxman /
Ian Botham o /
Quinton de Kock + /
Stuart Broad o /