• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

WICFan

U19 Captain
West Indies International Contracts 2021-2022

All-Format Contracts:
Jason Holder.

Red Ball Contracts:
Kraigg Brathwaite, Jermaine Blackwood, Nkrumah Bonner*, Rahkeem Cornwall, Joshua Da Silva*, Shannon Gabriel, Kyle Mayers and Kemar Roach.

White Ball Contracts:
Fabien Allen, Darren Bravo, Shai Hope, Akeal Hosein*, Evin Lewis, Alzarri Joseph, Kieron Pollard, Nicholas Pooran and Hayden Walsh Jr.

*Added to contract list for 1st time.

Central contract removed:
Sunil Ambris, Shamarh Brooks, Roston Chase, Sheldon Cottrell, Shane Dowrich, Shimron Hetmyer, Brandon King, Keemo Paul, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd and Oshane Thomas.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Mostly understandable decisions I'd say given performances. Hayden Walsh Jr doesn't really deserve a white ball contract on performance but clearly we need a wrist spinner and he has showed promise on occasion so I can understand the logic.

I worry about Hety being cast away like that, they've clearly gone for the tough love approach. I hope he reacts well to it.

Beamer

A 50 not out for Shai Hope already.

That’s how the selectors will take note of you. Make red ball runs.
I watched a fair amount of today's play. It was a superb cricket wicket with lots of pace and bounce and a little bit of seam movement. As a result there were plenty of wickets but a high scoring rate and an entertaining days cricket.

Main takeaways were very impressive pace bowling from Chemar Holder and Jayden Seales, decent bowling from Shannon Gabriel and an exciting mini spell from Nial Smith. Keon Harding mostly bowled trash but picked up two wickets, one a terrible shot from Shamarh Brooks and the other an lbw when Bonner must have been shocked he faced a straight one. McSween bowled tata also.

Shai Hope played some awesome shots, just like he does in ODI's. I still saw the same old flaws of playing across it slightly but with the other opening options looking so awful I'm not sure what choice we have. Otherwise Blackwood was his typical self and only missed out on a hundred thanks to a customarily ludicrous lbw decision from umpire Reifer.

Hopefully we see some better batting in the second innings.

Beamer

Shai Hope cracks an unbeaten ton. Surely he has booked his place as an opener now, especially as Campbell got injured?

This attacking style was great to watch. Will be fascinating to see how he goes against top quality attacks though. He'll surely have to dial it down a little?

Other notable happenings were a fiery spell from Nial Smith, excellent bowling from Jayden Seales and Gabriel going off with cramp or a tight hamstring (again!).

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Any scorecard?
Presumably roach will be starting? Who will be the other two pacers with him