• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
This is why the clubs will probably get their way. We all agree this is appalling but any regulatory action by Uefa against it that will actually hurt the clubs is completely ruled out immediately.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha yeah the public scorn and subsequent crackdown on AIDS' attempted expansion in the 80s and 90s simply wasn't on imo

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So it sounds like there is a very real prospect of the relevant clubs being kicked out of the EL/CL immediately

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So it sounds like there is a very real prospect of the relevant clubs being kicked out of the EL/CL immediately
Bayern Munich winning the thing, would be kinda amusing, but I guess it'd be the losers against the 3 tainted clubs., why the **** not, would be really funny, and it's genuinely a meaningful sanction.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit weird that the UK government have pledged to prevent it with full support of all parties and it's not even really made the news. You'd think that would be a pretty serious barrier to it going ahead.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Bit weird that the UK government have pledged to prevent it with full support of all parties and it's not even really made the news. You'd think that would be a pretty serious barrier to it going ahead.
given ex-Tory PR consultants are involved on the other side too it seems like they're playing both horses

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
given ex-Tory PR consultants are involved on the other side too it seems like they're playing both horses
Bit of a stretch. The team around Boris has pretty much no crossover with May's.

If the woman you mentioned earlier is the one I'm thinking of, she was treated horrendously by May's top two. Safe to say she has no horse in that race.

Niall

International Coach
If the ban is enforced PSG will win the CL by default?
It wont be enforced, the whole premise of this rotten, but I think people underestimate those who have been planning this for long time.

They will have anticipated any sort of bans etc and will have plans to handle the blowback.

Initially I thought this would go away, but considering how broke Real and Barca are and the greed of the other sides it could happen and nope I don't see anybody missing out on world cups etc.

Niall

International Coach
I don't really like Chelsea or City , but for banter sake I can definitely see the huge upside if City and/or Chelsea.:laugh:

Tbf think those 2 out of the six English sides probably the least keen to be involved .