• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

hassan918

Cricket Spectator
Chelsea have ended the hopes of Manchester City winning the quadruple after they beat them 1-0 in FA Cup Semifinal.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dunno, it's a thing i've never heard any fan be in favour of, so it's hard to believe that they'd pissoff all their "customers".

It comes up every now and again, the other Leagues give thhe big clubs something, and it goes away.

Yet who knows....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The furore this is generating is pretty funny tbh. I mean I completely support most of the objections to it. But the suggestion that any formal body (e.g. FIFA, UEFA or the FA) have any way of stopping any of the clubs involved from saying "**** you, we want to completely divorce ourselves from you and do our own thing" strikes me as being pretty dubious. The clubs are free to pursue whatever ventures they want as far as I can see. The only real impediment to this will be if there's a massive fan backlash (which there surely will be) and fans start to vote with their feet.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
The furore this is generating is pretty funny tbh. I mean I completely support most of the objections to it. But the suggestion that any formal body (e.g. FIFA, UEFA or the FA) have any way of stopping any of the clubs involved from saying "**** you, we want to completely divorce ourselves from you and do our own thing" strikes me as being pretty dubious. The clubs are free to pursue whatever ventures they want as far as I can see. The only real impediment to this will be if there's a massive fan backlash (which there surely will be) and fans start to vote with their feet.
Do you think the clubs have a point of recourse if the FA decides to chuck them out of their league?

I mean obviously the new competition would be more popular so they wouldn't do that but let's say they did

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
(usually what happens in these kinds of disputes is that the rebels' demands get folded into the old brands because the old brands have value, see World Series Cricket, rugby league wars, etc)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But the suggestion that any formal body (e.g. FIFA, UEFA or the FA) have any way of stopping any of the clubs involved from saying "**** you, we want to completely divorce ourselves from you and do our own thing" strikes me as being pretty dubious.
You mean legally dubious? They can't "stop" them but they do have a lot of ammunition if it turns into a war. Banning players from representing their country etc.