• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

thierry henry

International Coach
I understand the distinction and appreciate your point, but IMO given what's going on, for safety purposes, you kind of have to mandate the protective equipment and treat it as normal clothing for the purposes of the play.
Have they mandated the extent of the protective equipment? I know realistically no-one is gonna wear an all-over massive padded suit...slippery slope etc etc...but I feel like that’s the extreme example that proves the point

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Have they mandated the extent of the protective equipment? I know realistically no-one is gonna wear an all-over massive padded suit...slippery slope etc etc...but I feel like that’s the extreme example that proves the point
I think you may lose mobility more than you may gain an advantage in catching. But it would be interesting if someone tries it. It may be a Lillee aluminum bat situation. :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't believe you're rooting for England. Did you not realize what it must be like coming from an Australian supporter? We Indian supports can fully sympathize with the English fans, but you lot cannot.
Come on mate, you know I’ve been Anyone But India since Victimcomplex-gate in January 2008.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The "live win probability" tracker on Google still rates England as a 3% chance of emerging victorious.

How?!

I'd rate it about that of India needing to even bat again.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I know it's bad and the inclination is to make changes but honestly, if England make no changes and show up with the side they picked in the last Test for the five match series vs India in England, they would be the favorites to win.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's Tufnell on BBC:

About this time yesterday, if England had taken two quick wickets, they could well have had a first-innings lead and might've been on their way to a 2-2 series draw now.
Even if they had a lead yesterday of 25-30 - would they really? I think most people would still likely back India.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That's Tufnell on BBC:

Even if they had a lead yesterday of 25-30 - would they really? I think most people would still likely back India.
tbf Tufnell did say 'might'. And mentally, batting after skittling India for less than 205 would be a very different proposition to facing a 160 run deficit and being smashed by India's lower order for best part of two sessions.