• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
Might have to revise both our "par score" estimates and our valuation of England's total here. Looks like it's hard work to score on this deck. 200 is almost certainly below par but it may well be competitive.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Might have to revise both our "par score" estimates and our valuation of England's total here. Looks like it's hard work to score on this deck.
I dont think it is hard to score here. A lot of drive length balls were left alone and they did not do anything untoward off the wicket. India were hoping to just play out the first session before opening up IMO and perhaps they are hoping to tire out the England bowlers. Don't see how it is a 200 par pitch anyways.

cnerd123

likes this
Che Pu is nowhere close to being dropped. Still incredibly valuable for building partnerships and stabilizing the innings, good pair of hands close in too.

Spark

Global Moderator
I dont think it is hard to score here. A lot of drive length balls were left alone and they did not do anything untoward off the wicket. India were hoping to just play out the first session before opening up IMO and perhaps they are hoping to tire out the England bowlers. Don't see how it is a 200 par pitch anyways.
It's obviously not a great total but it may well be that it's still competitive, whereas I thought yesterday that it was miles and miles off a good score. They're in the game IMO, and that's a start.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It's obviously not a great total but it may well be that it's still competitive, whereas I thought yesterday that it was miles and miles off a good score. They're in the game IMO, and that's a start.
I dunno how you define miles but I felt it was a 300 par pitch for the first innings and I dont see anything to make me think otherwise yet. 100 runs off par is not as far as being bowled out for 200 on a 400 par pitch, for example.

cnerd123

likes this
Leach has had Che Pu's number all series. Bowling slow left arm orthodox is such a h4x skill at International level. So many right handers.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's a really horrible shot though. Would see you mercilessly mocked if you did that in Australia or South Africa.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FJ is being extremely harsh on players here with the review criticism. Obviously, Puji thought it was bat first. It was close enough to see why batsmen will think that.
Hitting middle halfway up and clearly pad first as bat was miles away at time. Poor review.