• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
It's pretty clear in hindsight and by comparison that Australia did not bowl at all well to him, especially in Brisbane. Bloke feeds off anything short but they kept banging it in rather than testing his forward defense.
Woah, you mean Starc, Cummins, Lyon and Hazlewood were not bowling well against him? They bowled well, Gill was just well-prepared?

I've never seen a new comer look as classy as Gill did in Australia. Another player I can think of is Nick Compton in India in his debut series, although he didn't score too many runs, he played the spin bowlers brilliantly for a guy in his first series in Asia.

cnerd123

likes this
the entire BG series was a display on what happens when quick bowlers forget to pitch it up and when a spinner has no variations up his sleeve.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
To be fair to him, three of his five dismissals this series have been for reasons other than loose shotmaking. He has looked curiously out of sync on these pitches though. Jury's still out on how he'll go against swing but I don't think he'll have these timing issues in England at least.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol why does Manjrekar keep re-iterating that Bairstow is such a key wicket? :laugh:

The Match Day Live is pretty good minus him. Bell is really good value and knowledgable

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
India's fast bowling stock is seriously impressive
A potential 2nd XI - Bhuvi, Siraj, Umesh
3rd XI - Thakur, Natarajan, Saini

Last edited:

Kirkut

International Regular
It's pretty clear in hindsight and by comparison that Australia did not bowl at all well to him, especially in Brisbane. Bloke feeds off anything short but they kept banging it in rather than testing his forward defense.
I don't see him scoring runs in the UK and New Zealand. He will do well on hard and bouncy surfaces of South Africa.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I take your point about Brisbane 2nd innings but it's not true about the other 5 innings imo. Cummins and Haze were excellent and they didn't always bowl short to him. He edged plenty on debut and played delicious drives when they pitched it up.