• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

Spark

Global Moderator
What a comedown for Gill after Australia. Looked out of sorts all series.
It's pretty clear in hindsight and by comparison that Australia did not bowl at all well to him, especially in Brisbane. Bloke feeds off anything short but they kept banging it in rather than testing his forward defense.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah Anderson showing his class but I feel that was a bit unlucky. When you can see offstump, most umpires wont give that out. But it was 50-50 and no complaints with the decision. Kid has to buckle up on his front foot game. Some time with the right Tendulkar should probably fix him up for the England series though.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah Anderson showing his class but I feel that was a bit unlucky. When you can see offstump, most umpires wont give that out. But it was 50-50 and no complaints with the decision. Kid has to buckle up on his front foot game. Some time with the right Tendulkar should probably fix him up for the England series though.
One thing that might be more significant in making this series so LBW-friendly compared to other comparable series recently (and series elsewhere) is that these Indian umpires seem fairly trigger happy. I'd guess that of all the reviewed umpire's call LBW decisions in this series, a substantial majority have been given out on field with the obvious exception of that one Root non-dismissal. A lot of LBWs have been given that haven't been wrong or unreasonable per se, but you could definitely see other umpires not giving out (like the Finch non-dismissal in the T20 yesterday. which was all but identical to that).