• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yes nothing about that Bairstow dismissal looked out, once it was established there was no bat involved. Very surprised to see it hitting.
As someone else mentioned, you have to take into account the bounce on these wickets compared to what these batsmen might be used to. Certainly in SENA, it would be going over.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol.. Sunny G really letting his inner Michael Vaughan and Shane Warne shine. Basically said batting in SENA is a test of courage but batting in SC is a test of skill. :laugh:

In other news, Siraj looks rather innocuous bowling around the wicket to the leftie, which is pretty shocking, considering most bowlers look a million times more threatening on that line to the left handed batsmen.

cnerd123

likes this
Just on that is Pujara's worth as a test player compensated for in extra payments he can't earn in the ipl?
He's a Grade A contract player, so gets 5 crore rupees retainer (~690,000 USD) + 15 lakh (~20,500 USD) match fees per game. Or atleast that's what the first few results on google tells me.

So it's not really much to offset the potential of a million dollar IPL deal for having a more T20-heavy skillset. He's also got a lower category contract than Kohli, Bumrah and Rohit, all of whom are grade A+ and also earn additional match fees from playing white ball games. Ishant is a Grade A too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Also, I feel this pitch is showing how the other one might have behaved had we played in normal conditions. The moisture from the dew and the lacquer definitely played a big role, I feel. Have to reconsider playing day/night tests or at least the preparation of pitches for those with these factors in mind next time.

cnerd123

likes this
Wait Rohit is A+ and Ishant is A?
yup.

Also, I feel this pitch is showing how the other one might have behaved had we played in normal conditions. The moisture from the dew and the lacquer definitely played a big role, I feel. Have to reconsider playing day/night tests or at least the preparation of pitches for those with these factors in mind next time.
nah. just seems a better prepared pitch. more grass on it holding it together. More bounce and carry with the new ball.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
While the crapping on Sunny G today has been justified, this is some brilliant analysis of how to play spin with the examples of Foakes and Pope.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
We don't need day night matches and the unnecessary complexities it brings, test cricket needs to stay they way it is. ICC can screw around all they want with the shorter formats.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
We don't need day night matches and the unnecessary complexities it brings, test cricket needs to stay they way it is. ICC can screw around all they want with the shorter formats.
Nah, you can’t think like that. They’re not “screwing” around for the fun on it. Just look at the stadiums and the viewing figures - if you want players (and boards) to keep prioritizing Test cricket, you have to keep it popular.