• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand T20s 2021

Howsie

International Captain
You literally can’t enforce anything when it comes to Covid after this. For all the work this government has done they have just undone all of it by refusing to punish this person. Fines were handed out to businesses and people during the nation wide lockdown last year, why wasn’t it done here?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Its down to race, pure and simple. Because this family, or more specifically this dumb **** 21 year old are islanders they’re looked after and we’re told it’s not his fault. Different story for anyone else. It makes me sick.
Holy **** mate. Have you moved to Christchurch?

No it bloody well is not down to his race. Absolutely nothing to do with it. So you think the guy would be outed if he was European? Do you have an example that explains how you know this? I can't recall a different story for anyone else - this government is namby-pamby with everyone.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
You literally can’t enforce anything when it comes to Covid after this. For all the work this government has done they have just undone all of it by refusing to punish this person. Fines were handed out to businesses and people during the nation wide lockdown last year, why wasn’t it done here?
Look I agree completely with this point, but man you muddied it with that race thing.

Howsie

International Captain
Look I agree completely with this point, but man you muddied it with that race thing.
Re your first post, no I would definitely not go down the name and shame route. There are some super pissed off people in this City, from business owners through to your working class 9-5 types. It would almost be dangerous at the moment doing that.

But he should’ve been arrested or at the very least heavily fined. People are obviously over Covid as it is but when something like this happens it’s just going to bring out anger from people especially if there is no consequence. Hearing things like ‘English isn’t their first language they didn’t know etc’ is just the biggest load of **** and is a slap in the face to everyone else

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Re your first post, no I would definitely not go down the name and shame route. There are some super pissed off people in this City, from business owners through to your working class 9-5 types. It would almost be dangerous at the moment doing that.

But he should’ve been arrested or at the very least heavily fined. People are obviously over Covid as it is but when something like this happens it’s just going to bring out anger from people especially if there is no consequence. Hearing things like ‘English isn’t their first language they didn’t know etc’ is just the biggest load of **** and is a slap in the face to everyone else
Yeah I've subsequently come down from my name and shame route position - have to admit that was emotive. I'm now in the fined (maybe heavily) camp. There must be repercussions for breaking the rules, the trust model and 'please don't do it again' is weak

Howsie

International Captain
Holy **** mate. Have you moved to Christchurch?

No it bloody well is not down to his race. Absolutely nothing to do with it. So you think the guy would be outed if he was European? Do you have an example that explains how you know this? I can't recall a different story for anyone else - this government is namby-pamby with everyone.

Plenty of instances of dumb ass people doing dumb ass stuff being fined re Covid

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ah yes nothing like a few thousand bucks to teach you a valuable lesson when everyone in your social circle is going to publicly shame you for the rest of your life.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Plenty of instances of dumb ass people doing dumb ass stuff being fined re Covid
Labour government, everybody. 3 strikes and you're actually not out, you can have one more swing on us.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
I'd keep the race out too. One guy that didn't take it seriously doesn't mean others of the same race don't. The way I see it we're fairly causal about covid in general despite whatever race.

To me it's quite clear if you get a test you have to self isolate. Not sure why there's any confusion whatsoever with this. Surely when they go for a test they get told what to do and what not to do you'd presume?

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

This guy breached the lockdown three times

Flem274*

123/5
I remember two braindead 'leaders' suggesting that, yeah.
it was a fair few more, most of whom turned out to be in collins inner circle like that spud goldsmith.

they'll probably get jesus boi luxon but they could do worse than shane reti imo. really impressed with what he did in northland before politics. seems like a high quality man.