• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand T20s 2021

Flem274*

123/5
It's curious, but some of the places people are referencing here are ones I've never heard of, including Cambridge and The Mount. I don't know if they're decent sized centres or not, but I was talking more generally about bigger cities - the sort of equivalent of State capitals and/ or Cairns/ Newcastle type places here.

Like, if you're talking all over Australia, the biggest **** hole would be somewhere like Oodnadatta which is in the middle of the SA desert and there's literally nothing around. They even sell "Asshole of South Australia" tee shirts there with pics of a Donkey on them. It's terrible beyond measure, basically it just exists to be at the bottom of the Birdsville Track, and no other reason. It literally has a sign saying "Ausralia's hottest and driest town" which, you know, isn't a great selling point imo.

But no one cares, because it's population is 204. I'm talking about decent sized places that are ****. I don't know, what I've seen of NZ has always been thoroughly charming so there really may not be any decent sized **** joints around, but it would be unusual for there not to be in pretty much any country imo, save a micro State.
the mount is like a sub-town of tauranga. cambridge is a town 20 minutes from hamilton.

of the decent sized centers aka the 6 odd places that get a segment on the weather to themselves i would say hamilton/auckland/christchurch are the bottom 3.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@Hutty Lol yeah I get that but these things are relative. Like, a town the size of Wollongong or Cairns is a large regional city here but in the States it would be far less of a deal. I'm talking in terms like that.

So in NSW for example, a regional city like say Griffith has about 28K people. And it's ordinary. Like bog average tbh. But it's not as rank as say Hay, which is just down the road a bit but many times worse. But because Hay has a population of <3K it doesn't register on the world renowned and universally esteemed Burgey ****hole Scale (7th NSW Edition, Random House 2019).

Burgey

the mount is like a sub-town of tauranga. cambridge is a town 20 minutes from hamilton.

of the decent sized centers aka the 6 odd places that get a segment on the weather to themselves i would say hamilton/auckland/christchurch are the bottom 3.
See, I think if they're your bottom three or thereabouts then you're doing very well compared with other nations.

I was just doing some research as I'm due a NZ version as the compendium of scales grows and grows.

Athlai

Not Terrible
We probably define country beefs more along the lines of provinces than cities/towns. Its how we dissect ourselves for rugby.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
All 3 of the T20 games are now being played at the Stadium. Shame for Tauranga, but given the game would be played behind closed doors anyway, I see the sense in minimising risk of exposure and travel costs.

jcas0167

International Debutant
And it turns out this could have been avoided if one family with Covid had disclosed they had contact with this guy's family during level 3. Infuriating. I hope NZC get some compensation because I guess they would have been banking on around 50,000 paying customers for these remaining games.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
And it turns out this could have been avoided if one family with Covid had disclosed they had contact with this guy's family during level 3. Infuriating. I hope NZC get some compensation because I guess they would have been banking on around 50,000 paying customers for these remaining games.
Be kind. No one invites COVID in (please note large dose of sarcasm and cynicism about this government's message)

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
All 3 of the T20 games are now being played at the Stadium. Shame for Tauranga, but given the game would be played behind closed doors anyway, I see the sense in minimising risk of exposure and travel costs.
Yeah, it's a no-brainer really. I had a full weekend planned with the kids of going to the cricket on Sunday and the trans-Tasman netball on Saturday, so feeling pretty bummed out that one family's selfishness affects mine.

Howsie

International Captain
I want this guy named and shamed, through official or non-official channels. What a ****. Has symptoms, linked to Papatoetoe High and also the airport, but goes to the gym after a test. Because of that selfish behaviour, 4 million people have to suffer the consequences. People lose money, their mental health suffers.

Jacinda's boring old kindness **** needs to take a walk. 'No one invites COVID in'. No, bull****. This guy did. It's nice to be kind but there's also a time and place for letting people know they will suffer consequences if they're selfish ****ers.
Its down to race, pure and simple. Because this family, or more specifically this dumb **** 21 year old are islanders they’re looked after and we’re told it’s not his fault. Different story for anyone else. It makes me sick.

Burgey

Its down to race, pure and simple. Because this family, or more specifically this dumb **** 21 year old are islanders they’re looked after and we’re told it’s not his fault. Different story for anyone else. It makes me sick.
Wow

Flem274*

123/5
cant recall ethnicity being released by gov. are you just going off it being papatoetoe high school, whose alumni include massive islanders ish sodhi and david shearer?

Howsie

International Captain
cant recall ethnicity being released by gov. are you just going off it being papatoetoe high school, whose alumni include massive islanders ish sodhi and david shearer?
I play Rugby with the idiot. Pretty sure he’s of Island descent but perhaps I’ll send you a pic and his name and you can confirm that for me

Know it all git

jcas0167

International Debutant
I see the Crusaders have postponed their game against the Hurricanes to Sunday see if the alert level drops. It would be nice if the 5th T20, also on Sunday, could have a crowd.