• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand T20s 2021

Flem274*

123/5
auckland is the pits if you're not a typical city slicker and we're not allowed to have cracks at christchurch between feb 1 - march 31, but if you throw the old money, bogan, trash, farmer and new money in a blender you get hamilton.

hamilton also produced blocky, scotty kuggs and i live here.

Flem274*

123/5
wellington is up there. 'arty' cities always live up their own arse

palmy doesn't count as a city, it's just a uni town.

BeeGee

International Captain
Christchurch Hamilton Auckland Palmerston North and Cambridge are surely the power 5 for meme NZ most hated.
That's most of the cities in NZ. What's left? Dunedin?

I lived in Christchurch in the early 90s and Auckland in the early 00s. Loved both places for different reasons. I haven't lived in NZ since 2006, so things may have changed, but Hamilton was always the crap-hole of NZ.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
That's most of the cities in NZ. What's left? Dunedin?
Dunedin is brilliant, I went to uni there and was back a few months ago and it’s just got better since I lived there. Some real progress and good vibes around the place.

Wellington is awesome, but let down by the most useless city and regional councils ever to grace the earth ... and underinvestment at central govt level as well. Not an artsy city at all, I wouldn’t say ... things rather dead in that area now.

I’m sure all places have their pluses and minuses (but all the terrible things to happen and people seem to be in Chch lol).

nzfan

Aucklanders hate every place outside of Auckland and everyone other than an Aucklander hates Auckland in a nutshell :laugh:

Outside of Auckland in south island, maybe dunners can't stand Christchurch.

Auckland is where you get the most pissed off people in NZ IMO I have lived there so should know. Every little thing annoys them Aucklanders. Also you see the most of the Aucklanders pretending to be busier than they generally are.

nzfan

Spanner in works for the rest of the series. No crowd allowed. Was really looking forward to going to Sky stadium on Wednesday, had it all sorted. No more :pissed:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Wellington is ****ing awesome. If the weather wasn't so ****, everyone would live there - including me.

Worst NZ city isn't Auckland either, despite its ever-increasingly arrogant attitude that resides in property prices and the false belief they are the epicentre of our economy. Hamilton's on the improve, Christchurch is resilient as hell where others wouldn't be (potentially still racist though)...I'm not sure there's a single answer.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
****, ****, ****, and it sounds like it's because an irresponsible fool went to the gym when they were waiting on the test results. ****ing screwed up this series (along with everything else).
I want this guy named and shamed, through official or non-official channels. What a ****. Has symptoms, linked to Papatoetoe High and also the airport, but goes to the gym after a test. Because of that selfish behaviour, 4 million people have to suffer the consequences. People lose money, their mental health suffers.

Jacinda's boring old kindness **** needs to take a walk. 'No one invites COVID in'. No, bull****. This guy did. It's nice to be kind but there's also a time and place for letting people know they will suffer consequences if they're selfish ****ers.

The Hutt Rec

Wellington is ****ing awesome. If the weather wasn't so ****, everyone would live there - including me.

Worst NZ city isn't Auckland either, despite its ever-increasingly arrogant attitude that resides in property prices and the false belief they are the epicentre of our economy. Hamilton's on the improve, Christchurch is resilient as hell where others wouldn't be (potentially still racist though)...I'm not sure there's a single answer.
Yeah a mate went to Hamilton recently and said it was turning into a really cool place.

Auckland is alright, but a bit boring to visit when you go up there for sports and concerts frequently ... but I put that down to staying in the rather soulless motorway of the city centre, I’m sure there’s cooler parts around that I don’t know about.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah a mate went to Hamilton recently and said it was turning into a really cool place.

Auckland is alright, but a bit boring to visit when you go up there for sports and concerts frequently ... but I put that down to staying in the rather soulless motorway of the city centre, I’m sure there’s cooler parts around that I don’t know about.
Yeah, Auckland is pretty cool if you know where to go. The traffic is obviously a massive ball ache but there's just a lot to do whether it's on water or land, for young and old.

Hamilton has a lot going for it, there's a lot of new people and ideas coming in. Also as a parent, it's probably the best city in the country by a fair way for schools - not sure why.

jcas0167

International Debutant
What’s the worst joint in New Zealand? Is there a consensus as to which major Cory is the ****test like there is with Brisbane here?
Landlocked provincial centres like Hamilton and Palmerston North tend to be looked down upon by Aucklanders & Wellingtonians. In terms of smaller towns, Mick Jagger labelled Invercargill "the arsehole of the world". I don't know if it's been updated lately but this used to provide an amusing summary.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's quite amusing, the different 'celebrities' that have publicly rissolled different towns. John Cleese said that Palmy was a good place to go 'if you wanted to kill yourself but lacked the courage'. And ask Bumble about the 4-dayer England played in Wanganui :laugh:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

This is interesting because I’ve heard Wellington is lovely on the dozen or so days a year it’s sunny and not windy. A mate I went to school with went there for a week way back and got that sort of weather. Loved it so much he moved there and opened a recording studio in town. Been there twenty plus years so and still loves it, but said the first visit was the longest stretch of good weather he’s had there

The Hutt Rec

It's quite amusing, the different 'celebrities' that have publicly rissolled different towns. John Cleese said that Palmy was a good place to go 'if you wanted to kill yourself but lacked the courage'. And ask Bumble about the 4-dayer England played in Wanganui :laugh:
I loved Palmy's response of naming their rubbish tip after him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, I’ve not been there but heard Invercargill is quite grim. I also seem to recall there was a lot of anti-Auckland sentiment on here several years back.

Personally I liked Auckland but it’s always different when you’re there as a tourist. Loved Napier, all that Art Deco architecture is fantastic. Some very good wines around there too. Went there to play golf at Cape Kidnappers in about 2007 or 2008. What a ****ing course that is.