• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Kohli is like SA team of 90s . Looks excellent on paper, has very good record but never delivers in crunch situations.
LOL, I hate the way Kohli celebrates every time a wicket falls, I think his captaincy isn't that good, I also think him/Shastri make selection blunders(even in this match, Sundar is a weird pick). But his batting is something you can't criticise. I hope you are just trolling.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL, I hate the way Kohli celebrates every time a wicket falls, I think his captaincy isn't that good, I also think him/Shastri make selection blunders(even in this match, Sundar is a weird pick). But his batting is something you can't criticise. I hope you are just trolling.
Sundar is an interesting selection - potentially in the team as a form batsman who can bowl a few overs - like a Vihari role.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Massive lol at certain posters taking a dig at Gujarat . Bumrah, Pujara, Axar Patel , Jadeja are all from Gujarat unlike Kerala which never produces even half decent cricketer and elects mental basket case negative IQ politician Rahul Gandhi.
at least kerala is not a dry state...in fact it is the "wettest" state in the union...:)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This is going to sound like wisdom after the event, but as soon as I saw 4 seamers and not one of them called Chris Woakes I thought "nah, BS".

It's clearly suboptimal to have to look to the lower order for runs, but it has been one of our strengths for 3 or 4 years now (it's not too fanciful to suggest we wouldn't have beaten India up here in 2018 without SCurran's runs) so to go into a test with Archer at #8 seems optimistic at best.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
When I saw the lineup I said to Mrs RIS that I reckoned Foakes was gonna be stranded on 7*. Looked on for it when Broad got out.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it is a bit of an issue as this is their best attack although you could argue for Woakes over Archer at home. Is just not something they have had to think about, have had the very least a decent number 8 for as long as I can remember.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
My first reaction on seeing the line up was if Root doesn’t go big we’re screwed. I wasn’t surprised by the one spinner or long tail, mainly because the selectors have proved they’re idiots. Crawley, Sibley and Pope have to be persevered with but it’s a frightening lack of established proven and consistent batsmen in one team.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol England. Pathetic. Top stuff India, with the added bonus of Kohli's batting descent continuing.

Series will be all but over after day two here you'd reckon.

Ashwinashwath

School Boy/Girl Captain
India could very well pile up 300+ total and hand the Brits a sound innings defeat thrashing. The Brits started well- mannered and won the first test fair and square showing their talent on the field. But faded after that and have started bringing in Aussie arrogance questioning umpiring decisions and arguing, losing out the gentlemanly spirit they initially displayed. Everything will go downhill from now on unless they start performing well and stop complaining over misfortunes.

Cricnerds

Cricket Spectator
There are no floodlights present at the stadium. Instead, there’s a ring of LED lights, 580 of them, to illuminate the world’s largest stadium for any action during the night time. It will be one of the first cricket stadiums in India to have this feature instead of the traditional floodlights at every cricket ground.

Daemon

There are no floodlights present at the stadium. Instead, there’s a ring of LED lights, 580 of them, to illuminate the world’s largest stadium for any action during the night time. It will be one of the first cricket stadiums in India to have this feature instead of the traditional floodlights at every cricket ground.
Good username, glad you removed the numbers at the end as they were an eyesore

SillyCowCorner1

What’s your take on the umpiring so far in this match?

sunilz

International Regular
I think in Dubai also , they use this.