• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand T20s 2021

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And I thought Hagley looked sensational. Christchurch has done a phenomenal job with that ground.
ideally they’d get some temporary seating in like they had at the 2015 World Cup. Chch is too big a city for a capacity of 9000.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Junior is like have they got any more South African cricketers left in south africa haha that's a fair comment.
Lol you’d hope Warner would keep quiet about that given Marnus (and Neser iirc? Not sure).

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Junior is like have they got any more South African cricketers left in south africa haha that's a fair comment.
Lol, I suppose Neil Wagner did leave an impression after that otherwise disastrous 2019-20 series.

nzfan

Lol you’d hope Warner would keep quiet about that given Marnus (and Neser iirc? Not sure).
I think he did mention Marnus. Probably harder to get into Aussie than it's to NZ or UK otherwise surely South Africans world prefer a much warmer weather of Aussie

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he did mention Marnus. Probably harder to get into Aussie than it's to NZ or UK otherwise surely South Africans world prefer a much warmer weather of Aussie
Well it's much harder to get into Australia than the UK as there isn't a Kolpak style system (and a lot of Anglo South Africans have English parents - that's why the meme started)

Not sure on New Zealand. Maybe cracking domestic sides there is easier?

Immenso

Already mentioned like million times but still baffles me Conway not finding a spot yet in other forms. This knock should sort out his entry back into the country surely
Form, not forms. There have been no ODIs since he debuted.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Already mentioned like million times but still baffles me Conway not finding a spot yet in other forms. This knock should sort out his entry back into the country surely
Yeah totally. I sorta get that it's hard to drop someone, but I'd say (harsh as it sounds) Mitchell out and Conway in. Seriously can't believe he's sitting on the sidelines. But Young is in the line next up I presume? Might be a bit unfair to him to push Conway ahead, but IMO gotta be done.

Flem274*

123/5
nice to see my earlier eye rolling proven wrong. nz can compete with an aus B side in jamt20s on home soil. i suppose that's as good a place as any to start removing the mental block so we don't have to watch games like the previous 9 tests against them.

jhye richardson having worse figures than sams is a travesty

thundaboult

International Debutant
Jhye richardson is very good indeed, will be a world class bowler but i think his pace is overhyped by the commentators....its like the english commentators always harping on about saqib mahmood being this pace demon but everytime i watch him bowl he's high 130's LOL. I've seen jhye bowl 144 or 145 like a couple times but that's it. He's definitely not a genuine out and out quick like how the commentary teams present him to be. Hell I've seen boult bowl 144 or 145 a few times, I guess he's a pace demon too. Now Riley Meredith though, he's a legitimate out n out quick. Also, andrew tye bowls heat too these days. He's been bowling quicker than jhye.

nzfan

What happened to the nasty fastys from across the ditch. All I see is 130k bowlers with change ups. Surely there are many tall bowlers that can bowl at over 140k. I'm not talking about Starc, Cummins etc The second in line I mean.

nzfan

Great for New Zealand that Conway doesn't have an IPL contract (yet). As it stands, he will go into the England test series, and on debut, as New Zealand’s best batsman.
Don't be all that happy IPL can still pick players. Some haven't spent all their money. I won't be surprised if the likes of Conway and Phillips still get picked as reserve players after last night. There is a provision in IPL to do that. Not all players have to be picked at the auction. If they still have a bit left over they can get players over.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think Richardson was ever touted as being 150k's (out and out quick) apart from a few commentators. Maybe 145 at full throttle but he relies more on skill and deceptive changes of pace
Stanlake and Meredith can get into the 150s. Coulter-Nile can also bowl gas but not sure what's happened to him

nzfan

I don't think Richardson was ever touted as being 150k's (out and out quick) apart from a few commentators. Maybe 145 at full throttle but he relies more on skill and deceptive changes of pace
Stanlake and Meredith can get into the 150s. Coulter-Nile can also bowl gas but not sure what's happened to him
The towering Stanlake was gas the last time I saw him visit us. Whatever happened to him. I think he was a hot property in the IPL too for couple of years? Real good T20I record. Going at 7.7 and bowling average of 20. That's quite good.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't be quite as informed as the Australian posters, but I think he's had a few recent injuries which have stunted his progress?
Also seem to remember he had a terrible BBL last year (?) which may have influenced the selectors. He'll be back

EDIT : Yeah in BBL 09 he took 4 wickets at 74 economy 9.03

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
A mate messaged me last night and said Conway is the second best batsman in the country, and I think he's right. So yeah, I think he needs to play all three formats no matter how that looks. Debut him in England, he doesn't have to play the Test Championship final but I think either Ross' spot needs to be his or he bats 5, Nicholls 6, BJ 7 then the seamers