• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in New Zealand T20s 2021

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Todd Astle can feel a bit aggrieved IMO about consistently being overlooked because Sodhi is seen as having a higher ceiling, though KW probably would not agree.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Todd Astle can feel a bit aggrieved IMO about consistently being overlooked because Sodhi is seen as having a higher ceiling, though KW probably would not agree.
Yeah, I suspect Stead is pro-Astle but Kane trusts Sodhi. Rippon from Otago might be another option. Very handy bat too.

CharlesLara

U19 12th Man
Is it really just me or does the ball not come out of Sodhi’s hand properly at all anymore. Nothing he bowls looks like a genuine leg break.
Yep. Been like this for a while, IMO if NZ cricket hadn't invested so much in him and his "keen" attitude then I would suggest he wouldn't be near the team, even T20, his only saving grace is that things cant go THAT wrong in 4 overs, due to batsman always tryna whack him, IE what you just saw with Stoinis.

I remember defending his selection years ago on here, but he's clearly digressed and the thing is, there seems to be no hint of it improving.

Lovely guy, kinda feel for him at times, cause being a leg spinner, aside from opening is one of the hardest jobs in this country.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
KJ's looked awful tonight, but I think even at the best of times he's not a good fit for first change in T20. Needs the chance at the new ball to swing it. Should be two of him Southee and Boult, plus one of Ferguson, Kuggs or Milne imo.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Yep. Been like this for a while, IMO if NZ cricket hadn't invested so much in him and his "keen" attitude then I would suggest he wouldn't be near the team, even T20, his only saving grace is that things cant go THAT wrong in 4 overs, due to batsman always tryna whack him, IE what you just saw with Stoinis.

I remember defending his selection years ago on here, but he's clearly digressed and the thing is, there seems to be no hint of it improving.

Lovely guy, kinda feel for him at times, cause being a leg spinner, aside from opening is one of the hardest jobs in this country.
There was a period of time (2017-18?) when he was consistently ranked in the top 10 in T20s, thought he had found his range then. The fact that he doesn't always make the first XI (and NZ's lack of cricket in more spinner friendly conditions in general) probably hasn't helped.

thierry henry

International Coach
There was a period of time (2017-18?) when he was consistently ranked in the top 10 in T20s, thought he had found his range then. The fact that he doesn't always make the first XI (and NZ's lack of cricket in more spinner friendly conditions in general) probably hasn't helped.
I’m not even sure his T20 numbers have dropped off tbh, you just have to watch him to see he’s bowling filth