• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Conditions dependent Players

Kirkut

International Regular
Probably you may have not seen Jayasuriya's 230 odd against Pakistan in Faisalabad. Put 100 odd for the last wicket with Fernando where the latter's contribution was <10. Took Akthar to the cleaners.
Seriously, one has to be deeply passionate about fast bowling to have motivation to bowl in those conditions. Pitches in Pakistan have been the flattest I have ever seen from my experiences of watching cricket on television.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Also very small sample size but Ajaz Patel has played 8 tests.

In the UAE - 3 tests for 13 wickets at 29.61
In Sri Lanka - 2 tests for 9 wickets at 26.88
In NZ - 3 tests no wickets and no average yet (has hardly ever bowled in tests in NZ although has done well in NZ 1st class cricket).

Spark

Global Moderator
I was mainly talking about last 10 to 15 years.
And do you believe in sample size ?
Sample size of 89 vs 6/8
I'm as big a believer in extreme caution regarding sample sizes in cricket as anyone here, but imposing that here basically makes Anderson the winner by default because there are only two bowlers in contention (the other being Broad).

sunilz

International Regular
I'm as big a believer in extreme caution regarding sample sizes in cricket as anyone here, but imposing that here basically makes Anderson the winner by default because there are only two bowlers in contention (the other being Broad).
Atleast 15 matches is what I am asking meaning 3 to 4 tours.
Many players can have 1-2 successful tour over a period of 10-15 yrs.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was mainly talking about last 10 to 15 years.
And do you believe in sample size ?
Sample size of 89 vs 6/8
Silly, other players don't have a choice whether to play a bunch of tests in England. And there's still a few recent players on there.

Fact is Anderson hasn't had a single series to match, say, Lillee's 1972 performance.

sunilz

International Regular
Silly, other players don't have a choice whether to play a bunch of tests in England. And there's still a few recent players on there.

Fact is Anderson hasn't had a single series to match, say, Lillee's 1972 performance.
So you consider Pant as a better wkt keeper batsman as compared to Gilchrist for Australian conditions ?

Attachments

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol at Ash/Jaddu >10 WPM.
Nothing unexpected about that though. I would bet they would have bowled more than half the team's overs in the matches they played together, would expect them to take more than half the wickets.