• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 13 - 17 Feb 2021

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol at all the blow ins coming in and making us look like poor winners by parading about with their ****s out when we win but disappearing when we get our asses kicked.
Mate, we can all pick the type.......doesn't reflect on you guys at all. And ftr, congrats on a totally thorough ass spanking.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I have my doubts about the veracity of this match tbh. Some dodgy **** if you ask me. England players with IPL contracts mysteriously rested. India prepare a sandpit of a pitch, and then win a dubious toss that some esteemed pundits suggest that 'win the toss, win the game'. Kohli bowled then asks for referral? Maybe that wasn't part of the plan? Dodgy Indian umpires giving dodgy decisions in favour of India, then when the match is no longer a contest even things up to throw off suspicion. All very suspicious.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have my doubts about the veracity of this match tbh. Some dodgy **** if you ask me. England players with IPL contracts mysteriously rested. India prepare a sandpit of a pitch, and then win a dubious toss that some esteemed pundits suggest that 'win the toss, win the game'. Kohli bowled then asks for referral? Maybe that wasn't part of the plan? Dodgy Indian umpires giving dodgy decisions in favour of India, then when the match is no longer a contest even things up to throw off suspicion. All very suspicious.
Hmmm. Very interesting.

custodiansofcricket

Cricket Spectator
Like the first test of this series or even the series in 2012? Look mate, you seem to be new here. Just wondering if you've thought about youtube or cricinfo to discuss your cricket thoughts?
Anderson averaged 30.5 in the series in 2012.

He did nothing of note in the first innings of the first test and then took two wickets on an extremely abrasive surface when the match was all but won.

In none of those examples did things go south real quick.

I think the examples you gave signify how overrated Anderson is.

Anderson is a very good bowler at home and a great support bowler outside. That's it.

People here were discussing about how dangerous Anderson could be like he is in England under cloud covers. And I just noted that he has never been the same bowler outside England.

Unlike true ATGs like Steyn, McGrath etc Anderson has always been a support bowler outside England and doesn't have those match defining performances of note like say Steyn in Nagpur 2010, McGrath in Lord's 97 etc. And because he doesn't have those, his supporters have to claim his great support acts as examples instead of genuine match winning ones.

Steyn has 3 MoMs away from home, McGrath 5.

Anderson 1. Bumrah has 1. Ishant has 2.

Citing those performances in India is like Indian fans citing Ashwins performance in Adelaide 2018 and Melbourne 2020 as match defining and equal to his spells in India, SL or WI. They weren't. They were good supporting acts but the matches were won by Pujara and Rahane were the MoMs.

Similarly Kolkata 12 and Chennai 21 were won by Cook/Root respectively who won the MoMs respectively.

The fact that his supporters have to point to those instead of truly great performances where he's blown India away in India (of which there are none unlike say Steyn) shows how overrated he is away from home.

It is telling of the English cricketing ecosystem that in the absence of truly great players, players of the likes of Anderson, Broad and Cook are paraded as ATGs.

custodiansofcricket

Cricket Spectator

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

He did nothing of note in the first innings of the first test and then took two wickets on an extremely abrasive surface when the match was all but won.

Anderson is a very good bowler at home and a great support bowler outside. That's it.

People here were discussing about how dangerous Anderson could be like he is in England under cloud covers. And I just noted that he has never been the same bowler outside England.

Unlike true ATGs like Steyn, McGrath etc Anderson has always been a support bowler outside England and doesn't have those match defining performances of note like say Steyn in Nagpur 2010, McGrath in Lord's 97 etc. And because he doesn't have those, his supporters have to claim his great support acts as examples instead of genuine match winning ones.

Citing those performances in India is like Indian fans citing Ashwins performance in Adelaide 2018 and Melbourne 2020 as match defining and equal to his spells in India, SL or WI. They weren't. They were good supporting acts but the matches were won by Pujara and Rahane were the MoMs.

Similarly Kolkata 12 and Chennai 21 were won by Cook/Root respectively who won the MoMs respectively.

The fact that his supporters have to point to those instead of truly great performances where he's blown India away in India (of which there are none unlike say Steyn) shows how overrated he is away from home.

It is telling of the English cricketing ecosystem that in the absence of truly great players, players of the likes of Anderson, Broad and Cook are paraded as ATGs.
Ugh surely we have ****ing threads in CC to debate the merits of Anderson's career without doing it in tour threads as well.

Kirkut

International Regular

Damn, @Burgey would love this

Edit: No one rates Anderson here on par with Steyn. He is an All Time Very Good bowler here in CW, on par with Shaun Pollock. But I guess you do underrate Anderson, as well the English seam attack.

sunilz

International Regular

So much wrong with this post . Did you even watch 2012 series ? ?

Year 2028
Random poster suggesting how Pujara was a failure in 2020 Border Gavaskar series because he averaged only 35.?

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year

Sure, but just wait til you get to the Gabba.

Flem274*

123/5

wow who was this guy? he's fantastic.