• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Aust player likes to go on field with a toasted sanga in his pocket?

Spark

Global Moderator
Looking for more accuracy, I believe. Not sure if that is best. At his best, he is the best kind of scattergun coz he bowls 150+ which means you gotta be pretty damn good as a batsman to put away even the loose stuff, and because of the bad ball good ball routine, his good balls often got him wickets. He seems to have sacrificed that movement for more accuracy but it really is not a great choice for tests. And he risks becoming less good in the LO formats as well, where he was basically God tier.
Yeah it was pretty obvious this summer that Starc is very much reliant on pace. The importance of sheer pace is debated at times but it was pretty clear this summer that the times he bowled consistently high 140s was the times when he looked genuinely dangerous, and he was really pedestrian whenever he dropped from that.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
How does one make a toasted sanga?
Turn on sandwich press or jaffle maker. Get 2 bits of white bread. Butter both sides. Sandwich ham, cheese and tomato between bread. Lift top bit of bread again to add the salt and pepper you forgot and replace it on the SANGA. Add salt to the outer sides of the already bilaterally buttered bread (this step is crucial imo). You can't really have too much salt. Put sanga into the sandwich press or jaffle iron. Let it cook til it's golden and the maillard reaction has taken full effect.

Remove from cooking device and burn your mouth multiple times on molten cheese. So good.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I should add the salt and pepper on the inside of any sanga should always be placed onto the tomato, if you are using tomato.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Turn on sandwich press or jaffle maker. Get 2 bits of white bread. Butter both sides. Sandwich ham, cheese and tomato between bread. Lift top bit of bread again to add the salt and pepper you forgot and replace it on the SANGA. Add salt to the outer sides of the already bilaterally buttered bread (this step is crucial imo). You can't really have too much salt. Put sanga into the sandwich press or jaffle iron. Let it cook til it's golden and the maillard reaction has taken full effect.

Remove from cooking device and burn your mouth multiple times on molten cheese. So good.
But if you butter it before putting it in the sandwich grill then isn't it a fried sanga and not toasted?

Spikey

I can't believe Langer is still talking to the media about this. god he's such a baby when something he doesn't like happens
I posted this before he did an interview with cricinfo btw. how on earth he thinks this is endearing to the players is beyond me

Spikey

Btw, as per one of his interviews, the thread title needs to be edited because Marnus didn't even take the field with the damn sandwich

“I’m the grumpiest prick in the world because I told Marnus Labuschagne not to take a toasted ham and cheese sandwich (to the dugout) after his 40-minute lunch break,” the coach said.

langer might be insane.