• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th Test at the Gabba, Brisbane, 15 - 19 Jan 2021

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Of the many many takeaways and tidbits about this game and this series, I still cannot get my head around these two...

• Sundar, in his debut test, spelling out that they will go for the win and how they will go for the win in that pressure cooker situation.
  • Shardul, as the 12th man, deciding NOT to relay messages from the dressing room because Ash and Vihari were playing well on their own.

Many other smaller things too... Basically Bewda being the brains behind all of the strategies here. Virat being a key part of the decision making after the 36 all out, not sleeping and having a midnight meeting with the leadership group to strategize before he left. Rahane for being the relatable and trustworthy big brother figure for everyone in the team, leading the team with poise and dignity and a lot of bravery, heart and brains inspite of being confronted with challenges seldom faced by any cricket side in a tour. Bumrah and then Siraj taking over as leaders of the attack in the absence of Ishant. Ash taking over grooming Washi in that last test, Bumrah doing the same for Siraj, Saini and then young Siraj taking that role for Natarajan. Pujara and Ash taking over some of the leadership responsibilities to help out Rahane. Rohit coming in and immediately taking over handling the youngsters, it looks like he is something special when it comes to getting these youngsters get over their nervousness and perform. Amazing. Unlike sunilz, I am not looking at a captaincy change out of hatred and spite but I do feel Virat should use Rohit and Rahane more in the LO and test formats respectively, especially to help deal with the youngsters coming in.

And of course, it is fun to go back and read all the posts that criticized me for suggesting we should play 5 bowlers in Melbourne after the 36 ao. You got bowled out for 36, and you wanna strengthen your bowling, they said. I now get to :lol: at all of that. :D

sunilz

International Regular
While I like this interview, there is some sort of victim complex in Ashwin.
He has been put under microscope because despite his awesome record in ASIA + WI, he is yet to pick a 5fer in SENA countries. I hope Ashwin doesn't feel that he has proved his critics wrong because he still hasn't single handedly won a match in SENA countries.

Teja.

Global Moderator
He has been put under microscope because despite his awesome record in ASIA + WI, he is yet to pick a 5fer in SENA countries. I hope Ashwin doesn't feel that he has proved his critics wrong because he still hasn't single handedly won a match in SENA countries.
Ashwin was our best bowler in the first 2 tests.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No one has ever won a test match singlehandedly in cricket history apart from Malcolm Marshall.