• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Sri Lanka 2021

DriveClub

International Regular
Is this match being streamed on YouTube? I remember 1st test was streamed on the SLC channel but couldn't find any streams on their channel now

Flem274*

123/5
So it's Root or bust in the subcontinent for England. Maybe Stokes will give him some much needed support in India but not really sure how good he is against spin.
it's only their second game on tour, they have time to improve. pope and stokes should stiffen the middle order.

DriveClub

International Regular
it's only their second game on tour, they have time to improve. pope and stokes should stiffen the middle order.
Why isn't Pope playing this series? He doesn't have a heavy workload and as a youngster could've really used some game time in the subcontinent

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not only that Pope couldn't play Shah, it's that he looked like an absolute idiot. If he plays the same way in India I'd expect that the first one or two instances of the ball skidding on straight will do him in every time.

Flem274*

123/5
i can't remember that at all, i must have been asleep (in b4 someone digs me posting about it). that's a shame, when i have seen him play (all bowlers) he looks ****in good.

DriveClub

International Regular
It's not only that Pope couldn't play Shah, it's that he looked like an absolute idiot. If he plays the same way in India I'd expect that the first one or two instances of the ball skidding on straight will do him in every time.
So it really might be Root or bust for England here

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I unofficially suggested to Dan that he should bet on Embu for most wickets this innings, and before England had even started batting he was ranting to me about how I was wrong.

Note to self: never give Dan tips again.
Look after Leach and Bess did precisely nothing I assumed that #GalleNoSpinny because the two Somerset boys can do nothing wrong!

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Why isn't Pope playing this series? He doesn't have a heavy workload and as a youngster could've really used some game time in the subcontinent
Shoulder injury hasn't healed fully. Means he can't field for long period.

He can bat though. Played in the inter squad game and got 50*

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Dickwella is better at sledging than Paine.

Why Eng dropped Bairstow? They have only 3 players who can play spin (Root, Stokes & Bairstow).
Resting people for workloads for white ball cricket.

Nonsense basically. Wood and Bairstow miss the first two games.

Buttler misses the final 3 games. So Foakes will keep the second test. Bairstow could in theory be keeping in the third.