• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rishabh Pant Appreciation Society

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Lmao. Are you talking about the forum where 'Kohli is failing his nation by going home for the birth of his first child'/'Kohli has no shame to not resign after this' is a popular take?

EDIT: Also most of that forum wanted Rahane dropped ages ago. :laugh:
The very same. Although I don't see the point of highlighting random threads here. Or is it the case that there are no over the top threads on this forum?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh this forum has been guilty of hating on Rahane not all that long ago. As well as the Labuchagne-hate which was swirling around before he went into god-mode.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Rahane , MCG (Many Chances Given) innings regardless, has done nothing much in this series. He was back seat driven by Shastri in terms if tactics.

Rahane the batsman deservingingly needs to be under the pump for his overall batting performances.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Not really. Assume, God forbid, the last stand at SCG was thwarted by a couple of rippers, and at MCG, one of Pant's miscues went to a fielder - two things completely put of control for Rahane the captain. The result would be 3-1 in favour of Aus.

Of course, people won't criticise his captaincy given the strength of the team. But questions would have been asked why he didn't play a decent innings since MCG.

Small margins.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have been very concerned of Rahane's form and have even thought he should be given a break from the test side (not sure if I posted as much) but the captaincy seems to have reinvigorated him. Always felt his attempts to become this key LO batsman for India since about 2015 has been messing with his technique in the long formats and I would actually prefer if he did a Pujara and only played that format.

But as a captain, he seems to have obtained more clarity of thought when batting. I think he will go from strength to strength now. At least, I hope he does. :) I also hope Virat lets Jinks handle the team a bit more on the field, (and Rohit in LO cricket) coz you dont need to be named captain to contribute your bit to the side and I think both Jinks and Rohit seem to be better able to handle youngsters and help them overcome pressure situations coming in, than Virat.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
10 years down the line, some one would bump this thread in RedSok fashion once Pant becomes the most prolific six hitter in test history.

Stokes to raise this bar, Pant to overtake him.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I have been very concerned of Rahane's form and have even thought he should be given a break from the test side (not sure if I posted as much) but the captaincy seems to have reinvigorated him. Always felt his attempts to become this key LO batsman for India since about 2015 has been messing with his technique in the long formats and I would actually prefer if he did a Pujara and only played that format.

But as a captain, he seems to have obtained more clarity of thought when batting. I think he will go from strength to strength now. At least, I hope he does. :) I also hope Virat lets Jinks handle the team a bit more on the field, (and Rohit in LO cricket) coz you dont need to be named captain to contribute your bit to the side and I think both Jinks and Rohit seem to be better able to handle youngsters and help them overcome pressure situations coming in, than Virat.
Yeah if anything , the takeaway for Virat is to be a bit more cool on the field as well as when he is batting.

Too much intensity in the long run is not good.

Flem274*

123/5
im very much a pant skeptic and also not a big fan of rishabh pant (he played one of the worst test knocks ive ever seen) but he did show what you can achieve when you're too mental to fear for your wicket.

Teja.

Global Moderator

Poor guy having to go through this much scrutiny at such a young age. That interview where he forgot the PR statement he was supposed to give about playing more responsibly was depressing and hilarious at the same time. What a ****ing gun though.

Victor Ian

International Coach
How long until other batsmen start training like him with forwatd flips with a skip in between? Love this guy.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

Poor guy having to go through this much scrutiny at such a young age. That interview where he forgot the PR statement he was supposed to give about playing more responsibly was depressing and hilarious at the same time. What a ****ing gun though.
Came to post this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
after he fell down playing that pull shot for 4, i legit thought that he was going to do a kip up to face the next ball haha
He is gonna be the HBK of Indian cricket. Love him or hate him, you can't ignore him and you can't ignore his phenomenal talent either. :p