• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Josh Hazlewood vs James Anderson

Hazlewood vs Anderson

• Hazlewood

• Anderson

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slifer

International Captain
At this stage, too hard to call. Random look at stats will say Haze is very good away and Anderson is ok. However, Anderson has played a ton more tests outside his favored conditions. Haze has played 20 odd tests away, and has only done well in England and WI. I rate bowlers mostly on their performances away btw. So until Haze plays more tests outside Oz, for me it's too hard to call. Gun to my head, I'll probably lean towards Haze.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can Anderson break Murali's record? I mean, why not? He seems ageless and he should get there in another 3 years or so.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
He is a bit of a genetic freak isn't he? I mean, he's gotta keep himself in unbelievable shape, but even still it's frankly absurd that he still looks as fit and athletic as ever

I definitely think he can play tests beyond 40

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Since Hazlewood's career begun in Dec 2014, he has averaged 24.32 at home and 27.04 away. In that same time, Anderson has averaged 19.08 at home and 25.88 away, with both taking just over 200 wickets.
Since Hazelwood's career began, Anderson has now averaged 24.6 in away conditions, which is actually less than Hazelwood's current career average of 25.65

Jack1

International Debutant
Since Hazelwood's career began, Anderson has now averaged 24.6 in away conditions, which is actually less than Hazelwood's current career average of 25.65
Still, experience helps. Anderson struggled at the start of his career. Slightly unfair on Hazlewood to cherry pick stats. The longer Anderson has played the better he’s got and the same will probably happen to Hazlewood. I do think Anderson just gets my vote but it is a close call. I wouldn’t have bothered with the thread otherwise. 25.65 average from 55 tests is still excellent for Hazlewood. One great innings return from Anderson doesn’t change anything about the thread really considering overall Anderson still averages more. There is a case to vote for Hazlewood counting the whole career considering that but I’m voting for Anderson based on current time which was why I made the thread

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Still, experience helps. Anderson struggled at the start of his career. Slightly unfair on Hazlewood to cherry pick stats. The longer Anderson has played the better he’s got and the same will probably happen to Hazlewood. I do think Anderson just gets my vote but it is a close call. I wouldn’t have bothered with the thread otherwise. 25.65 average from 55 tests is still excellent for Hazlewood. One great innings return from Anderson doesn’t change anything about the thread really considering overall Anderson still averages more. There is a case to vote for Hazlewood counting the whole career considering that but I’m voting for Anderson based on current time which was why I made the thread
Yeah Hazelwood's a good bowler don't get me wrong. I'm only showing these stats because I think people have been lazily suggesting Anderson has consistently been average away when actually he has grown increasingly better over time to the extent that he is now performing better over an extended length of time than Hazelwood.