• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The defining moment for Team India in Border-Gavaskar Trophy 2020-21

crus07

Cricket Spectator
As far as I am concerned I felt the 50 odd partnership between Ajinkya Rahane and Hanuma Vihari in the 1st innings of MCG test set tone for the solidity in India's batting - which made easy for Jadeja and Pant to take control there on.

What about yours?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gill's 45 in the first innings of his debut.

It was the first innings after 36 all out and before that knock it seemed like there was simply nowhere to make runs from against that attack. Gills showed us it wasn't impossible even off Cummins.

sunilz

International Regular
As far as I am concerned I felt the 50 odd partnership between Ajinkya Rahane and Hanuma Vihari in the 1st innings of MCG test set tone for the solidity in India's batting - which made easy for Jadeja and Pant to take control there on.

What about yours?
Sundar- Shardul partnership.
That partnership showed we were prepared to fight till the end.

the big bambino

International Captain
Australia playing a floating slip for Rahane at Melbourne and leaving first slip vacant. Rahane obliged when on 57. Can't think why you'd ever leave out first slip in a test. Particularly a low scoring match. Anyway Paine and the brains trust never explained why so forever a mystery.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Gill's 45 in the first innings of his debut.

It was the first innings after 36 all out and before that knock it seemed like there was simply nowhere to make runs from against that attack. Gills showed us it wasn't impossible even off Cummins.
This.

Also he jumped out and drove Lyon against the spin for a 4 and a 2, which established India's mental hold on Lyon lasting the rest of the series. No fear cricket.

Kirkut

International Regular
After MCG win, I still felt it would be either 3-1 or 2-1 to Australia. The defining moment is without a doubt the Ashwin-Vihari partnership at SCG.

Kirkut

International Regular
Sundar- Shardul partnership.
That partnership showed we were prepared to fight till the end.
I feel that Aussie bowlers dropped a gear or two after getting Pujara out. They may have felt that Shardul and Sundar will inevitably not bat long enough and give their wickets eventually.