• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Inaugural World Test Championship

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In general yeah, NZ are as good a touring side as Eng/Aus/Ind and perhaps better in turning conditions as their win in UAE proves. I'm speaking specifically of the WTC schedule though.

Australia : England away, NZ home, Pakistan home, India home, SA away
England : Australia home, SA away, WI home, Pakistan home, SL away, India away
India : WI away, SA home, Bangladesh home, NZ away, Australia away, England home
NZ : SL away, Australia away, India home, WI home, Pakistan home

In terms of difficulty I would say Australia > India > England > NZ if I had to rate those fixtures.
The only issue I have with this type of analysis is that the 'difficulty' goes down the better you are and vice versa.

Everyone who tours India is an easy beat supposedly. Well yes because they're that good at home. Why should this be held against them?

Similarly NZ have a tough tour to Aus away because they've traditionally sucked against them. So they somehow get credit for that.

Makes little sense when you think about it.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol classic big 3 comment.

2 test series in which opposition pretty regularly get the best of the bowling and batting conditions and still lose.

This has been the case with most of the recent touring sides iirc including india, pakistan and windies.
Yeah, but wrt the schedule, flem loling that NZ have had it worse than India is questionable tstl.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Lol classic big 3 comment.

2 test series in which opposition pretty regularly get the best of the bowling and batting conditions and still lose.

This has been the case with most of the recent touring sides iirc including india, pakistan and windies.
Is that the best case you can make about convenient 2 test series - a subjective call that opponents got the best of conditions? lol

Flem274*

123/5
Is that the best case you can make about convenient 2 test series - a subjective call that opponents got the best of conditions? lol
why would we host that rabble you sent last summer for any longer? india haven't won more than a solitary test here since at least the early 90s. get in line minnow.

Flem274*

123/5
let's break this down, without my trollface on for the blow in this time, so the big 3 posters pretending to be victims of the kiwi ambush can just look even stupider.

Australia : England away, NZ home, Pakistan home, India home, SA away

england are an opponent australia know more than any other and they've seen english conditions more than enough to know what to do against a pretty mediocre english side.

australia hosting the current nz in australia is the equivalent of india hosting bangladesh. nz just lacks the fleming era ability to spit aus in the eye.

pakistan are a decent team but woeful against any form of pace and bounce.

india at home, especially the india side we saw in reality, should have been absolutely pasted on paper. shardul thakur got a test ffs.

south africa are currently a rabble who tripped over sri lanka a year or so ago.

England : Australia home, SA away, WI home, Pakistan home, SL away, India away

atg all conquering jimmy anderson with his cheat ball should have seen off australia single handed

south africa are a bit of a rabble atm, and england did the job.

west indies at home for 40000 tests...yikes, and they lost one lmao

the current pakistan side are not a great side on tour in SENA

sri lanka away is actually a tricky series here. sri lanka at full tilt are more than good enough to beat these guys, but england are doing and england and pretending they're the ****ing all blacks resting some of their best players so if they don't get points here they can guzzle some *** tbh

india away for 4 tests is a brutal tour

India : WI away, SA home, Bangladesh home, NZ away, Australia away, England home

west indies ty next

SA can't play spin but fair they're a historical challenge

bangladesh lmao

nz away, as noted previously, is a bridge too far for the majority of indian sides

australia away likewise, credit where it's due here

england at home...depending on injuries this should be 3 or 4 zip

NZ : SL away, Australia away, India home, WI home, Pakistan home

sl away as prev stated is a trip up for SENA. came away 1-1 after losing the first test

australia away is the hardest possible tour for an nz side to gain points and we should have nominated all our english series instead for even more tasty big 3 tears

india at home - kohlis men are supposedly the greatest side ever to exist ever according to the latest blow ins but usually this is a tough tour for india even when given jeetan patel to score runs off

west indies - yea easy. sorry beamer.

pakistan - yea again potential in that side as mentioned but we did the job, nothing more.

show me the jam ya whiny ****s. i am off to eat dinner and will return for a dessert of penile dysentry and nonamenobody tears

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sl away as prev stated is a trip up for SENA. came away 1-1 after losing the first test
SL is a piss easy tour post Herath. Only difficult because NZ haven't ever had a good spinner.

australia away is the hardest possible tour for an nz side to gain points and we should have nominated all our english series instead for even more tasty big 3 tears
Australia is very hard but mainly because NZ are weak in the mind.

india at home - kohlis men are supposedly the greatest side ever to exist ever according to the latest blow ins but usually this is a tough tour for india even when given jeetan patel to score runs off
India in NZ are beyond awful. Easy tour for the great NZ

west indies - yea easy. sorry beamer.
Easy.

pakistan - yea again potential in that side as mentioned but we did the job, nothing more.
Pakistan are a prank side. Easy win.
Thanks for playing

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I read somewhere the other day that if Aus just cancel the SA tour they can make it still? Is that true or was that only if they drew the series to India?

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I read somewhere the other day that if Aus just cancel the SA tour they can make it still? Is that true or was that only if they drew the series to India?
I think it was just if Australia avoided defeat that they would be through definetly, I think they now need India to trip up v England to qualify if they do not play the series vs South Africa

sunilz

International Regular
That would have been true if

1. Aus had atleast drawn Brisbane test
OR
2. AUS hadn't lost 4 points due to slow over rate .

srbhkshk

International Captain
It's not India's fault that all our Home series are guaranteed wins. That's like saying Australia's path in 00s would have been easy cos they were a ****load better than other teams. We don't even play Pakistan and we would be getting easy home and away points if that was happening.

Flem274*

123/5
you bois are using the material you use to rag on nz to defend india

i get it, india are new money on the global sporting stage, but pretending youve had it so much harder than everyone else is never a good look.