• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2020/21

Shady Slim

International Coach
Knives Out (2019) - IMDb

so what do we do fellas?

wade out and harris out, moises in and a different opener in, moises to take the captaincy over from paine who gets one last hurrah when we blank england here next summer, starc put on notice officially. nothing too too rash, even though it would feel good to do something dangerous

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Khawaja
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Pucovski
Peirson
Cummins
Neser
Hazlewood
Swepson

The team of destiny.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS, this culture of always looking to try things for the sake of trying things, always looking to be bold for the sake of being bold, is without a shadow of a doubt the worst thing in Australian cricket. This loss may really hurt, and there are many valid questions to be asked in regards to coaching, leadership and general strategy more broadly. But the idea that the personnel are no good and that Australia should look at other options just to see what they have is just absolutely dreadful. It is just completely ignorant of both the step up in standard internationally and also the depth of cricketers that are available. A selectorial night of long knives is just an unequivocally terrible idea

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FFS, this culture of always looking to try things for the sake of trying things, always looking to be bold for the sake of being bold, is without a shadow of a doubt the worst thing in Australian cricket. This loss may really hurt, and there are many valid questions to be asked in regards to coaching, leadership and general strategy more broadly. But the idea that the personnel are no good and that Australia should look at other options just to see what they have is just absolutely dreadful. It is just completely ignorant of both the step up in standard internationally and also the depth of cricketers that are available. A selectorial night of long knives is just an unequivocally terrible idea
on the other hand, it makes us feel extremely powerful when we make very bad selection decisions because we lost

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The fast bowling depth is really strong when you consider that Neser, Pattinson and Richardson aren't in the side, so I don't mind having higher standards for that and acknowledging that Starc's performances this summer haven't been good enough, particularly if you add in the absolute bilge he bowled for NSW and in the ODIs. I'm no Starc hater on the Warne/trundler/Flem level but the replacements aren't a big enough of a step down to really have to put up with that IMO.

Jhye probably isn't fit enough to bowl in a Test yet but Neser or Patto coming in for the first Test in South Africa would be fine by me. I'd still definitely have Starc in the squad.

Lyon was just as bad as Starc if not worse for most of the series, but I have much less faith in Swepson and Agar so dropping him would be a terrible decision.

Wade sucks and should be replaced. The batting depth is awful but even among discarded players, Head, Maxwell and Khawaja are better than Wade. I'd cop Henriques or McDermott ahead of him too even though they wouldn't be my picks.

Shady Slim

International Coach
GAS advocating for no travis head in for matthew wade. itstl.