• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2020/21 New Zealand Domestic Season

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Now that I think about it, does this mean if you bowl a full toss and the batsman misses it should be a no-ball?
no

pitches wholly or partially off the pitch as defined in Law 6.1 (Area of pitch) before it reaches the line of the striker’s wicket. When a non-turf pitch is being used, this will apply to any ball that wholly or partially pitches off the artificial surface.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Daryl Mitchell in fine form this super smash. Hasn't started well for NZ in T20Is though could still push CDG for his spot with a good series against Oz (CDG doesn't have a great T20I record either).

Similar to CDG the power off the bat looks effortless.

nzfan

Are you guys watching the game on TV? It's not on Duke is it?

For those watching is Santner not bowling well or is it good batting?

The Hutt Rec

Yeah it's on Duke as well. Santner not bowling great, but Mitchell and McConchie did a great job with the chase ... thought they were no chance on a difficult pitch to bat on.

nzfan

is rachin ravindra close to making his international debut yet
Nowhere close. If you're talking about test cricket there is Young and Devon waiting in the wings. Then followed by Glenn Phillips, Tim Seifert etc Once they have all been tried and by chance they don't succeed they may think about it. If they don't succeed then the wait time is like 2 more years. If they do then 4-5 years.

No chance in one day cricket, he's played like half a dozen domestic list A games in the last three years I think. Besides Santner is set for the next 7 years easily so the wait time is likely 5 years if he has to be picked as an all rounder.

As for T20s he's a very handy player both with bat and ball but again there's a bee line of batters and Santner has another at least 7-8 years in him. Todd Astle was picked recently so I'm guessing he's in the make up for t20 wc.

Unfortunately for Ravindra I think he's going to be like William Young. Will have a bit of a late debut but should still have like 6-8 years career. Just bad time to be a left arm spinner and a top order batter at the moment.

There are lot of good talented players that deserve to play for black caps but there's enough number of players already in the fringe. Black caps selection is also quite conservative at the moment. They rely on experienced players rather than potential like the selections of Henry, Astle, Santner for tests show.

He may get a game here and there still like Tickener, Duffy etc but don't think he'll be selected consistently.

The only other chance is if we start losing real bad both overseas and at home but I think we're peaking at the moment and will be real good for the next 4-5 years I think.

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
is rachin ravindra close to making his international debut yet
Close but depends on Covid19. NZ are planned to tour Pakistan (in UAE and perhaps some games in Pakistan) in Sep-Oct, ODI + T20I, wouldn't be a surprise if Ravindra made the team as an all-rounder (3rd spinner alongside Santner + Sodhi).

Ravindra (and Finn Allen and Ben Sears) are players with very high potential, after a couple of seasons playing for NZ A I suspect the selectors will squeeze them into a Black Caps squad.

Last edited:

nzfan

Just realized there's a super smash game in an hour. Canterbury taking on firebirds. That's a quick turnaround. Must be tough for both teams. Firebirds traveling from Dunedin and playing the game the next day. Canterbury playing back to back games second time in the last one week. That's a bit harsh I'd think. Hope this doesn't lead to injuries.

nzfan

All eyes on Finn Allen.... can it do it again? Super excited to watch him play. At the start of the season was looking forward to watching Conway but it's now shifted to Finn Allen. Such has been his impact.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Wellington doing it hard here against the spinners. It's interesting they've used this same pitch over and over again, not really turning a lot but the bounce seems inconsistent.

The Hutt Rec

I don't know why they've just used the same pitch throughout all these games ... hasn't let the batsmen or bowlers show their true skill, and hasn't led to very entertaining cricket imo ... unless you like watching batsmen struggling to hit slower ball after slower ball ...

James

Cricket Web Owner
I reckon T20 should be played on artificial pitches.

Great to see more than 1,000 on the YouTube feed, that's a first from what I've seen.

Blain

U19 Captain
Has NZ cricket not worked out that Henry shouldn't be anywhere near bowling at the death? Wellington back in the game here. 160 would be tough.